Chef's Choice Pro EdgeSelect Electric Knife Sharpener

Chef's Choice Pro EdgeSelect Electric Knife Sharpener

Does this sharpener hone edges to a European/American or to an Asian angle?

If by “Asian” you mean 15 degrees and by “European / American” you mean 20 degrees, then it is the latter.

Don’t have this model, but I do have a similar one that puts a 15 degree angle on blades. This one does 20 degrees which is what most knives in USA have. Wusthoff, zwilling etc. Best to check and make sure. My model is great. Easy to use with minimal practice, gets knives real sharp. Ignore the elitists who say you must use stones or ruin your knives. Unless you have a knife that is a family heirloom, this sharpener will serve you well.

1 Like

Now this is a classic woot deal.

I bought this from Amazon when Woot was running a deal on it and it is the best sharpener I have ever used. My wife is a cook and uses all of our knives regularly and swears they are as sharp now as they were when they were new. For me the purchase was for the filet knife. I am an avid fisherman, mostly salmon and there is a noticeable difference when I filet my fish after a use this sharpener.

The first time you sharpen the knives it takes a little longer since you are using all three stages but maintaining the edge after you’ve done it the first time doesn’t take this long.

I highly recommend this sharpener.

1 Like