ASUS 17.3" Republic of Gamers G703GI Laptop

ASUS 17.3" Republic of Gamers G703GI Laptop

So while ROG typically has good specs, you will want to look into reviews on the thermals of these. The ROG line has been fraught with issues in the past regarding the keyboard being too hot because they don’t put as many fans in.

MN, USA owner here. Temps are fine for me. I don’t know what you’d have to do to these things to get them to overheat. This one follows the G701VI line in specs, but it’s like twice as thick. All that extra space makes it even better at keeping from being warm.

That said, this has TWO power bricks and should NEVER be used on your LAP. I know it’s a laptop, but this particular kind of laptop is by virtue of form factor only and not necessarily usage. It’s a desktop replacement.

1 Like

BIG, BIG issue here. You’re falsely promoting a feature that is NOT INCLUDED in this model laptop.

Before the ROG Chimera (G703) line of laptops were released, they were advertised as having integrated Xbox Wireless Adapters for up to 8 wireless controllers/headsets/blah. BUT then they actually got around to releasing the devices…without that feature. The advertisements for that feature have since been removed from ASUS’s actual web page for the model, and will ONLY be found in reseller ads and posts.

I know this because I BOUGHT ONE, and it doesn’t have that feature! I contacted ASUS Support and confirmed that it doesn’t have that feature. There is still an Xbox keyboard key, but that just brings up the Xbox app or the Game Bar. THERE IS NO INTEGRATED XBOX WIRELESS ADAPTER.

Woot, you have a responsibility to properly advertise products that you are selling. Please get rid of this information on the sale page so that people are not being misinformed.

Also, I got the G703GI-XS71 (less RAM and SSD, same CPU, same GPU, bigger HDD, less expensive) brand new on a Best Offer listing for $1500. I didn’t expect them to actually sell me one, but they did. So that was interesting. If you’re willing to wait, you can snag one of those cheap, and throw extra RAM and SSD in there for still like $400 savings. It depends on what is worth more to you, time or money. Oh, and my SSD was a 3.6TB SATA III one from Samsung for $406. So that beats the HDD to death, and is much more usable than the tiny RAID0 storage that comes with the pre-upgraded XS74 being sold here. But everything always looks like a deal compared to “retail price”.

TL;DR: THERE IS NO INTEGRATED XBOX WIRELESS ADAPTER. PLEASE REMOVE THAT FROM THIS LISTING. You can confirm this by looking at the official store page for the ROG G703; there is no Xbox Wireless Adapter like there is in the ads and posts everywhere else.

And if you like money, wait, look around, make offers, and consider used devices instead.

$2600 for a laptop to play games on? You people need to get a life!

They put “gamers” on crap only to raise the price

I’m not a gamer, and this isn’t going to be super relevant, but I bought an ROG laptop from Woot here back in 2013, only because I wanted a laptop that would not become obsolete in three years. It is still running strong to this day, never a problem other than one of the hinges is starting to give me some trouble. The anchoring for the hinge to the chassis is not very robust, but credit for lasting as long as it has.

I’ve spent that, and have more than a life than you ever will, but keep judging folks for hobbies on the internet.

Here’s the asus faq

This person has also spent that amount on drones and accessories alone, yet they decide that it would be an epic meme to dunk on everyone else.

Guess what nerds, who cares? Ya’ll need to quit the facebook and delete the gym.

Hard Drive:
2x 256GB PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive, RAID 0
1TB FireCuda Solid State Hybrid Drive

Are you insane! What in the hell for? RAID 0 died years ago…

Look at this enormous product advertisement. You don’t think that they would’ve included the integrated Xbox Wireless Adapter in there?

I get it. It says it’s an optional feature in the help article. But everywhere except ASUS’s product page specifically mentions the iXWA as a (not optional) feature. And in any case, there is none.

If you have a bluetooth-compatible Xbox One Wireless Controller, then yeah, you can connect it to your G703…or anything else with bluetooth compatibility. That’s not what this is about.

I contacted ASUS Support myself and was told that the G703 does not come with an iXWA. No one that purchased a laptop and posted to any forum has discovered that it exists in their laptops. I checked, because I thought I made a mistake and purchased a laptop that didn’t have that optional feature.

I think it’s stupid that you don’t even know what you’re selling, but it’s frustrating that whoever bought this might have had expectations about the unit that were simply not true. Who pays all that goddamn money just to be disappointed, even a little?

I just hope the new owners don’t really care about that feature. Because it isn’t there, and you already sold all of them. Would you refund their purchases if they were upset about being lied to? Would you?