LectroFan White Noise Machine

LectroFan White Noise Machine

Ehhhh…once I found “Ambient Noise” on Alexa, I found less need for one of these.

LectroFan advantages over Alexa:

• Doesn’t require an internet connection
  • Isn’t constantly streaming data (an issue if you have a data cap)
  • Isn’t listening to everything you say and sending it back to LectroFan HQ for analysis
  • Isn’t reliant on a cloud service that won’t necessarily always be there
  • Won’t ever become a brick because LectroFan really wants you to upgrade to a newer model
2 Likes

We have one of these, and my wife absolutely loves it. It provides several white noise varieties, as well as a volume control so that you can get things just right for your space. The speaker isn’t cheesy and tinny like some white noise machines I’ve tried, it actually could be mistaken for the sound of a fan in the room. Best of all, the machine retains its settings when you cut and restore power to it, so you can plug it up to a timer outlet or a smart plug and make it part of your home automation system.

1 Like

I have one of these for my son. It’s the BEST! Our favorite feature is the 1 hour button. Once on, if you hit the one hour button it’s only on for one hour. He falls asleep to it every night. Highly recommend.

1 Like

Agreed, this is a good device. Been using one for over a year, since we moved to a place next to a busy road. Drowns out the traffic noise to allow uninterrupted sleep

1 Like

These things are great and work better than streaming from various devices. Well worth the $20. Been using them for years.

1 Like

mynoise.net is my favorite. Though there are tons of sites and apps.

No, but every microphone and camera can be turned on remotely if it’s networked (sometimes without the red light activating). I have seen threads where people post links to cameras in universities and Times Square and you can just watch people.
Not to mention massive international spying programs that have been proven not to “just collect metadata from terrorists” or whatever bullshit. That stuff is way worse than some marketing data with your personal info removed.

I never understand why people rag on Amazon smart products, but not that.

The LectroFan is the greatest invention mankind has ever produced!

Have you tried Ambient Noise?

My only issue is the internet connection since I bounce the router and modem every morning. Don’t have caps, so that’s not an issue. I doubt seriously that the ‘analysis’ is going past ‘What the heck did they ask Alexa to do?’

l’m sure the cloud service will be there as long as Amazon wants to make money…so forever. I think they aren’t bricking their devices as much as they did the first one. The only devices I’ve lost have been because I messed them up. My Tap still works, just doesn’t play well in Alexa groups…Not a huge issue in my world.

I have a white noise generator, but it just doesn’t have the options and doesn’t work as well as Ambient Noise.