Leather Carry-On Bag, 3 Colors

Leather Carry-On Bag, 3 Colors

I don’t travail on planes much, but I might sometime. Are these OK to carry according to the airline requirements?

Never travel on a plane.

Unless you’re a gremlin that is.

Yes. Typically 22x14x9 is the carry-on limit and this is 20x11x7.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.travelandleisure.com/style/travel-bags/airline-carry-on-luggage-size-guide

3 Likes

It is perfectly sized at 20" (Width) X 11" (Height) X 9" (Depth)

This states it has buffalo leather but the second bullet states it is high density canvas exterior. Which is correct?

Its buffalo leather only. Must be an error while uploading the product on woot !!

Are there pictures available of the interior?

I own this exact bag (in the caramel color), purchased about 6 months ago and for $10 more than this price. If I was in need of another I would buy this in a hot second. In my opinion it is stylishly masculine and excellent for travel but I wouldn’t use it for the gym (stinky wet clothes and leather seldom mix well). Let me not beat around the bush - this is an excellent carry-on bag.

To clear one thing up right away, the EXTERIOR is made from buffalo leather, but the interior lining is heavy fabric. I really like this bag because is is very well made from quality materials and it is extremely tough. The leather is the real deal - not some synthetic made from polyurethane, leatherette, or even bonded (an ultra-thin layer of real leather glued to a fabric backing). This is made from thick-cut , sturdy buffalo leather and securely stitched. It has a heavy main zipper and heavy loop handles sewn on with thick straps down the sides. It’s going to take some work to soften this bag’s exterior up so perhaps some mink oil or similar might be a good idea. Regardless, it will take a lot of abuse and look good doing it.

The pockets are nothing special - two small exterior and one mid-sized interior in the lining - just big enough for small items such as sunglasses, car keys, pills, my Kindle and phone, and a charger or two. It has a few interior loops for pens and slots for items such as business cards, etc. that I don’t really use. What I especially like is that the main zipper goes down the sides on both ends so you can open up the main compartment very wide. Most bags I looked at only had a main zipper that went from end-to-end and not down the sides so they were harder to get into the main compartment and insert/remove larger items such as shoes, a shaving kit, etc. The only unfortunate thing is the detachable shoulder strap is nylon and only leather trimmed - not the same quality as the rest of the bag.

I have made several trips with it already. It fits airline overhead bins perfectly, even when overstuffed. Depending on your choice of items and their bulk, it is sized for a long weekend’s worth of stuff. Mind did not come with the matching luggage tag that you see in some of the photos - and I see it is not mentioned in the description. This is also a very good price and is around $20-50 less than comparable bags I looked at. I’m trying to convince myself to buy one here today, perhaps as a gift, and if I actually do I will not hesitate.

2 Likes

Bought one of these on woot last time offered. A good weekender bag, even has some interior pockets for toothbrushes etc. looks better with wear.
Exterior is heavy leather, inside lined with fabric. Would definitely buy again, nicer looking than a backpack.
I use a PVC coated duffel on the boat, don’t trust this one in wet or damp conditions…this is my city bag.

2 Likes

I would really like to get this, but my wife doesn’t think either of us are man enough to own it.

3 Likes

Do any of the owners know how much the bag weighs? don

Bought this bag a few months ago and put it away for a graduation gift for my son. He LOVED it! The craftsmanship is fantastic, the leather and interior is better than in the pictures and what I anticipated. It is roomy, well built and looks like it cost much more than it did. If you are on the fence, don’t hesitate. I bought it when it was $10 more and still think I got a great deal.

1 Like

Hi there. We added an interior shot a bit a go. Just scroll through the pics.

Its 4.2lb only.

Difference between walnut and brown is?

Walnut looks a smidgen redder to me.

1 Like

Walnut it is then.

Thanks for great review. I also noticed the picture of the brown is shown without the luggage tag and also appears to have a smaller handle wrap which likely means the caramel and walnut may be a larger size & Shown here for color ref only.

Bought the walnut bag. Great craftsmanship. Size is perfect. Wish it had a laptop sleeve, but for the money it’s a great buy