Samsung MicroSDXC 64GB Memory Card (3-Pack)

Samsung MicroSDXC 64GB Memory Card (3-Pack)

“Get more out of your mobile devices with the largest capacity and fast read/write speeds; perfect for 4K UHD video.” Card in pic is a “3.” How does that rate?

OK now I am confused. A class 3 that is a 10? 10 is the speed? 3 is the…?

These have always been the right answer for me, with high enough performance and the lowest cost. This looks like a great price if they meet your needs.

I can’t speak to 4k video, but I have used these with a Canon 7D mk2 pushing 10+fps JPEGs and never had an issue (note, the camera has a big buffer and I’ve never actually tested the limit, but I’ve run 30-40 frames off without any card-related lag).

Confusion reigns here, for sure. Specs say “UHS-I”, yet the pic is clearly showing a UHS-3 card. Plus the speed class that’s described (10), isn’t printed anywhere on the one in the pic, but is stated in the specs.

They need to be more forthright here.

SD standards are in a state of continuous flux. Speed class 10 is a term that is on its way out. U1=class 10=10MB/sec. U3=30MB/sec.

6 Likes

The SD marketeers are almost as bad as the USB Implementers Forum.

With the advent of super high speed USB 3.1, old USB 3.0 is now USB 3.1 (gen 1) but what you really want is USB3.1 Gen 2, if you want 10 Gbps.

And they’ve already announced they’re going to do the same thing when USB 3.2 hits (20 Gbps).

1 Like

Agree - it’s like the standards committees are purposely obfuscating, which is the opposite of why the standards exist.

Thanks for this; I was going to post it with my comment. For those that want a deeper dive into this morass, have at it: Speed Class | SD Association

Here’s the Samsung page for this card. Unfortunately, it doesn’t clarify anything other than we’re showing what they’re showing:

https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/memory-storage/memory-cards/microsdxc-evo-select-memory-card-w–adapter-64gb–2017-model–mb-me64ga-am/

3 Likes

I have a Kindle tablet that needs an Amazon compliant SD card. Is this SD card compatible with the new Kindle Fire tablet. I realize woot is part of Amazon, but some confirmation would be helpful. Thanks