HP Pavilion 590 AMD A12 MT Desktop

HP Pavilion 590 AMD A12 MT Desktop

“Interesting” video on this processor.

Lol, I thought this was a refrigerator.

No, this is Patrick.

Might be a decent base to build a faster system out of. The A12s would be good CPUs if the Ryzens weren’t wiping the floor with them. HP Desktop PCs - motherboard specifications, Sunflower | HP® Customer Support has a list of CPUs supported by the mobo. Looks like you can use up to 2nd gen Ryzens up to 65W TDP (so you top out at a Ryzen 7 2700). There might be a BIOS update to support newer CPUs. If you don’t want to have to shell out for a separate video card (the A12 is the Radeon 7 in the specs), the Ryzen 5 2400G would make a good choice. You get double the cores, a slight boost in per-thread speed, and you’re upgrading from Radeon R7 to Radeon RX Vega 11. If a BIOS upgrade adds third gen Ryzen support, the Ryzen 5 3800G is a modest improvement over the 2400G. Big downside to this machine is that 16GB DDR4 is already maxed out.

Crucial says 32gb.

One other aspect to note: the motherboard and power supply are proprietary, so this isn’t a computer that you can significantly upgrade in the future.

But can you play Lemonade stand on it?
(how many of you go back that far and remember that game back on the apple II?)

I used to play the hell out of lemonade stand on a IIc. I still remember the little beep beep music they pkayed when they showed what the weather was like.