Lenovo W530 15" Intel i7 500G SSD Laptop

Lenovo W530 15" Intel i7 500G SSD Laptop

webcam?

Appear to have a 720P. If you zoom in, you can see it on top front bezel. I bought one , then promptly
canceled, as it turns out, although the quad model, which this is , is capable of 32 gig Ram, there to this day is no 16 gig chips available at crucial, or any other reputable sites. deal breaker for me.

It doesn’t take 16GB DIMMS, it has 4 slots that take a max of 8GB SO-DIMMs each (making up 32GB).

Also, my uncle has some 16GB SO-DIMMs, so they definitely make them (though that doesn’t apply here).

Maybe so, but not what I found. Show me the link and we can compare? Too bad Woot does not include the machine number. Also at Crucial, where did you find that exact machine showing the Ram upgrades, just curious
At Lenovo shows 2 slots, if this is the machine

Thanks to everyone before me for the discussions.

I did a price check; “new” is apparently not available for this model, and refurbs run about $390 to $460 - so this is certainly a decent deal if the specs work for you.

UPDATE, TWO MONTHS LATER (Feb 18): Laptop was super-heavy (but tough), which is a d/c for me - I’d rather know my laptop is safe than pretty - and aside from limited I/O ports (2 or 3 USBs, only 1 video, 1 memory card), it is perfect for my needs. For the price, it is amazing.

This was one of the top hits on google for this model:
https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Lenovo-W530-RAM-Upgrade-options/td-p/3727453

Cool.

I wonder if it is the same machine code. I do wish they would list the machine code when they list ThinkPads. There are so many options and models.

Seems like a reasonable price for the spec. You’ll pay $100 more and get less at newegg.