HP 13-G1 13.3" QHD+ 32GB Chromebooks

HP 13-G1 13.3" QHD+ 32GB Chromebooks

no playstore support?

seems in the list:
https://www.chromium.org/chromium-os/chrome-os-systems-supporting-android-apps

It’a on the list but with an asterik so requires a little work to be play store ready. Also, no touch screen impacts the usefulness of some apps.

Bought this from woot a while ago. It’s great overall. Like several other folks at that time, I ordered the m5 version but was delivered the Celeron. Android apps work, but I haven’t used that much so can’t evaluate their speed. Linux apps do not work yet on this or other Skylake chromebooks. The screen, while great, is a “pentile” display so the pixels are actually RGBW, so the overall resolution is functionally lower than “QHD+” but in practice it’s good. I’m picky about displays, and the text is sharp and image quality is pretty good anyway.

Do you know if the display suffers from PWM flicker at lower brightnesses?

Edit: from the NBC review it looks like it does. Deal breaker.

Anyone have experience with scratch and dent from woot? Not sure what to expect in terms of damage. Ideally I wouldn’t want any kind of damage to the screen and no more than light dings or scratches to the exterior casing.

My history is don’t expect perfection. I think you’re reasonable in your expectation, just don’t be freaked out with a couple scratches. I’d be surprised if you see dings, surely no dents. That’s just appliance speak coming into the mix.

Unluckily I can’t get Grade A 16GB model.