Ninja SP100 6-1 Digital Air Fry Oven

Ninja SP100 6-1 Digital Air Fry Oven

got one back when woot was selling this for $90. its pretty good.

I picked this up at this price several months ago from Woot! and cannot say enough about this oven. I love it and use it every single day. I live alone so it’s not like I’m cooking for others so it works out perfectly.

A bunch of people got ovens that were not working or had serious dents. I was very surprised at the lack of protection in the package when I got mine and that it survived without getting dented was pure luck. It comes in a plain brown box with two pieces of foam that don’t hold it in place very well, and a photocopied quick instructions paper. No recipe book or fancy color guides, but you can find them here:

21 page manual:

Quick start sheet with what settings to use for what:
https://www.ninjakitchen.com/include/pdf/qsg-sp100.pd

I have found that it’s a bit difficult to clean. Make sure you do so after very use. There is a door on the bottom that once you flip it up and remove the crumb tray, you can clean the interior top.

When I first got it, I thought it was defective, because I made toast but did not see the top “bulbs” or whatever they are called, light up. Others here mentioned that as well, but it toasted just fine.

It’s a good idea when you get this to make something on a few of the settings: air fry, air roast, and toast to make sure it’s working properly.

1 Like

Does the timer click or make any sounds? My dog goes out of his mind at the sound of a clicking timer. Thx!

No ticking…there’s a chirp when preheating is complete. Then usually a fan noise during cooking. Then a beep beep beep when it’s done/timer runs out. However…see my other comment about door getting stuck.

1 Like

I got this a few months ago and have a love/hate relationship with it. It’s great because it has all the different functions and you can even bake a small pizza - lots of cooking space for an air fryer/toaster oven. But not much vertical space, so no roasting a chicken or anything that tall.
Also, the door has issues on mine - for several weeks, it would get stuck closed. The cooking would finish and I couldn’t get the door open. I would have to wait for it to cool down, then pry it open with a spatula.
Now the door is getting stuck in the open position … something’s up with the hinge-thingy.

1 Like

Interesting that you mention this because I have a Presto Pizzazz pizza oven that has the ticking sound and a loud “BING” bell when it’s done. My dog is a nervous wreck for a couple hours whenever I use it.

I want to try this out but it lacks the rotisserie feature I love to use on my Power Air Fryer Pro bought here on Woot! a few months ago.

Thanks for the reply. That ticking noise gets my boy so wound up that I take the rice cooker to the basement. Don’t know what it is about that sound, but it’s an easy solution to keeping my guy happy.

Thanks, the bings are fine, it’s the tick tick tick that makes him nuts nuts nuts. In for one. And I’ll keep a crowbar in the kitchen for the door.

1 Like

For me I even cooked a pizza in the basement and he somehow knew I was using it downstairs. Maybe the noise of the pizza pan was too loud? Not sure but he was still acting like there was a thunderstorm outside.

Canine mysteries.