LG G8 ThinQ w/ Alexa Hands-Free (128GB) Unlocked

LG G8 ThinQ w/ Alexa Hands-Free (128GB) Unlocked

I have this phone and it’s great. Still getting security updates, and probably one more OS update. Still really fast. Cameras are good too. $300 new seems like a good deal to me.

1 Like

This is a very solid phone at a good price. I got someone’s barely-used review unit about a month after launch and it really has been my favorite-ever phone. LG had some missteps four or five years ago, but this unit has been an absolute dream. It has a great camera and can even shoot in RAW.
Performance-wise, it’s similar to the Galaxy S10, which has a little bit more RAM. I’d buy another one in a heartbeat if I need another phone.

1 Like

Wish it was the LG G8X ThinQ Dual Screen Unlocked.

I have an LG V35 and V20 and I can’t recall them ever being updated. And for what’s it worth the V20 is on newer security.

Can the dial screen case be ordered separately?

I love LG phones. My wife is Samsung, and I like mine soooo much better. Just seems so much more intuitive. I have had the G2, G5 (I think), and currently the V30… which is similarly specced to this. Only complaint is the dwindling battery performance over time, but every phone has that.

The dual screen can indeed be purchased separately. However, it only works with the LG G8X, which is bigger (6.4") than the LG G8 (6.1").

1 Like

I bought an LG G8 for my wife, from another site. She still likes it. I paid $450 at the time, but it does not come loaded with all of those Amazon apps. If you don’t mind those apps, $300 is a great price.

Does anyone know the Android version and how long this model will continue to get OS and Security updates?

LG is absolutely abysmal at updates

1 Like

I’ve had mine for a year, has upgraded to android 10 with a Sept 1, 2020 security patch.

Two questions - Does this phone work as a “hot spot?” Does it have wireless charging?

Thanks!

Description says “3,500 mAh non-removable battery with USB Type-C fast charging (wireless charging enabled, wireless charger sold separately).” Per an AT&T YouTube video, the phone is hot spot capable.

Thank you!

Paid $200 for my like new one from E-Bay. I love it. Supposed to get 11 sometime next year.

That’s “raw;” no need to shout. ;^)