Stack-On Portable Case with Combination Lock

Stack-On Portable Case with Combination Lock

What is the LPL’s review on this?

2 Likes

He did one that looks practically identical.

Spoiler alert - Didn’t even need tools to figure out the combination.

5 Likes

I use one of these in my vehicle. These are not “high security” cases - it will only deter a smash-and-grab but will not prevent a determined thief. Like all similar small security cases it can be opened with a hammer given enough time and effort. With cases like this, hiding it is part of the security but be sure to use the included cable as well. If a thief can’t find it then he can’t steal it.

You should also be aware that these are not “rapid access”. It takes time to remove the case from where you have it stashed and enough light to be able to see the combination lock dials to open it up. This is a decent price but you should have reasonable expectations as to what you are getting for $22 and free Prime shipping. I find it useful but have limited faith in its overall security.

6 Likes

Just wondering, why does Woot hate Alaskans and Hawaiians?

This should be the bare minimum if you have to keep a handgun in your locked car for even a short amount of time. Cheap enough that you have no excuse not to help keep guns out of the wrong hands. Do your part. Be responsible or be held accountable.

I also use something like this when traveling by air and need to declare a firearm in checked luggage.

1 Like

I think it is harder to ship things to those places. Something about their geographical location…

1 Like