Adeptus 6-Drawer Rolling Cart

Adeptus 6-Drawer Rolling Cart

Do not recommend. Bought of these a few months back and what a headache. Broken parts, lots of blemishes, and overall quality was terrible. Support could not send parts and returning the already assembled unit was the only option.

12 Likes

Thanks for the heads up

2 Likes

Yes, thanks for taking the time to share.

1 Like

I had the same experience as z0g.
Just some of the issues:
The bottom cross-brace arrived split, as was one of the slots for a drawer bottom.
Some of the wood dowels were too short, half the length of the others.
It came with 15 nails. The back of the cart calls for 16 to hold it in place. No big deal I thought–one short won’t be a problem. However, turns out you need an ADDITIONAL sixteen nails to hold the drawer bottoms in place.
The screws in two of the angled pocket holes for the top stick out when screwed in; the manufacturer mis-drilled the holes: they didn’t align.

7 Likes

This drawer is a nightmare to assemble. It took me over six hours. It comes with about 50 pieces and the same number of nails and screws. Each drawer had 5 pieces and 4 screws without pre drilled holes. The door tracks require a hammer. Hammering was so loud it scared my poor dog. The drawers came out uneven after all the labor.

7 Likes

The WORST thing I have ever put together! Inordinate amount of pieces and hardware for the size of the unit. Horrible ‘instructions’, bad quality hardware. Take your worst Ikea nightmare and multiply that by 20!

6 Likes

Thank You, I was thinking maybe I could use this as a turntable stand. Moving on now

1 Like

WARNING…Look at the specs…This looks a lot taller…But this is 2 feet 1 inch tall…25 inches…That is very very small…

4 Likes

I do agree with the comments about it being difficult to assemble and the fit & finish being a bit subpar. In spite of that, I would have still recommended buying one until recently. The back has popped off of mine and now it wobbles back and forth like a drunken sailor. I’m hoping to get it reassembled, but, considering the negatives, I wouldn’t buy one again.

2 Likes

thank god for the forums section

4 Likes

This definitely was a pain to put together, but mine turned out fine and functions as intended. It also looks nice. Anyhow, ymmv

1 Like

Awful unit, really bad design, difficult to put together.
Just bad.
Do… Not. Buy.

Hey, how in the world is this company still in business?
And why in the world is Woot still hawking their garbage?

2 Likes

So it’s pretty much the size of a 2-drawer file cabinet but with 6 skinny drawers

1 Like

Just finished putting 2 together. Missing screws, broken dowls, cheap nails bend, water stains and smells bad. NEVER AGAIN.

2 Likes

Exactly

I LOVE THIS.
I bought 2 and must of scored the good ones. LOL
Watched my brother put one together. It took awhile but was no biggie. I absolutely love mine. A solid piece I am more than pleased with. Works great for all my essential oils. I’m considering getting more!

2 Likes

Not being handy whatsoever, I really love RTA items which don’t look like RTA items.
Having read the comments here before making my decision and feeling like maybe I don’t need to take a chance on this wonderfully perfect item to fill the need I have for a printer table, these words come to mind: “Are you feelin’ lucky, punk?”
Alas, I’m not…

2 Likes

throwing in agreement on it taking forever to put together, it was missing nails which I realized when I was laying parts out and tried to use 1-2 less on each section to make it work, but then ended up buying more nails because it still wasn’t stable enough

plus, two of the wood pieces cracked while putting it together (because, if I remember correctly, there weren’t starter holes and you had to screw wood screws in and I tried doing it initially without starting a hole first with a drill, but maybe it was just the nails going in badly, it’s been a while) and had to be glued back together, with clamps, because at that point I wasn’t letting the furniture win.

agreed that it’s smaller than it looks which meant it sat about 5-6" lower than the ikea drawer unit it was trying to replace, and barely had room for a small lamp and some office supplies

and also the paint/finish is more of a wash, so they aren’t a solid color, you can see the wood grain through it, it’s especially noticeable with the white. like SUPER noticeable.

2 Likes

Oh dear, I wish I had read all of these reviews before I made the buy.
Note to self…read the forum reviews BEFORE making any purchase, not AFTER the fact.
Hoping I luck out and get a decent piece of furniture.

1 Like