Aduro Ultimate Summer Driving Bundle

Aduro Ultimate Summer Driving Bundle

This is a nice set for the price, but if your vehicle is like both of my daughter’s cars, you will have to choose between the charger and the dash cam, as the both plug into the 12V “cigar lighter” outlet. Back when smoking was still “in” and portable electronics had started becoming popular, Auto makers started putting a second 12 Volt outlet in the back seat area, in addition to the “lighter” outlet in the dash. As smoking (thankfully) became a thing of the past, they mostly eliminated one of the outlets.

Also, If the camera does “ignition detection” the same way the one I have does, it won’t work in many cars. The outlet in the dash of my vehicle (where you would most likely plug in a dash camera) is live all the time, and my camera stays on until i turn it off. I could plug it into the rear seat outlet, if the cord were long enough and I did not mind dodging the cord while driving. And then my other devices would be sitting on a seat with their cords crossing over to the dash…

1 Like
1 Like

Reviews from the mothership are not great on this dashcam:

https://www.amazon.com/Aduro-Camcorder-Vibration-Compensation-Wide-Angle/dp/B01E9KZ4S4

I know the original bundle is “supposed” to be $119 but the camera itself is selling at the above link for $20.

I would spend a little more than $20 on a dashcam. (Disclaimer: I have)

One last final “gotcha” - There’s no MicroSD card included in this bundle for the dashcam to store video on.

2 Likes

I was thinking the same thing

FWIW, all our vehicles have the outlets powered off when the car is off. I actually have mine hardwired with a 12V cutoff device so it stays on 24/7 unless the battery dips.

That aside, hard wiring is super easy, no matter whether you want it powered up or down when the vehicle is off. Just tap a fuse that does what you need. Mothership has everything you need for that.

3 Likes

My 2015 Mustang GT has a 12v port under the radio in the dash and another in the center console. It seems like some manufacturers understand that the ports have morphed from lighting cigarettes to powering devices.

1 Like

All well and good if you like extra dongles hanging out all over, getting knocked out of socket, lost, etc. If this is truly the “ultimate bundle” at least 1 outlet doubler should have been included… and some sort of memory card for video storage. IMHO not “ultimate bundle” just ultimate inventory clearance…

Weird thing about my Dodge Dakota (other than Dodge quite making them in favor of only building the gas guzzling RAMs) is that since I bought the 4 full size doors version (shorter bed to accommodate the much bigger cab) is it actually has 4 outlets (until recently I thought it was 3) There is the one in the dash (turns off with the ignition) one on the back side of the center console to allow backseat passengers access to power (also off with ignition) and 1 hidden inside the center console that is LIVE AT ALL TIMES. I suppose that Dodge felt if you wanted to charge something while away from the vehicle that it would be best to do it out of sight inside the closed center console. I also just recently discovered (show how little I use the in dash “glove box”) that there was an unmarked round cap at the back covering a FOURTH 12V outlet that is also apparently is LIVE AT ALL TIMES. That one is in a position it will probably never be used as there is no “wire tunnel” to allow you to close glove box with something plugged in like there is on the drivers edge of the console lid. So powering up any device in my truck is fairly easy, much more so than your average car.