Ninja SP100 6-1 Digital Air Fry Oven

Ninja SP100 6-1 Digital Air Fry Oven

I have this. It instantly became the most used appliance in our kitchen when it arrived. Does everything, heats up fast. The dial control for selecting the function is a little wonky, but you get used to it. We never stand ours up. I’m not sure that’s a real useful feature. I guess if you were really pressed for counter space you might use it.

1 Like

I have this also and agree with what the other person said. One thing I like is how fast it heats up. It’s just about as fast to reheat pizza in this vs the microwave and the results are sometimes better than when it was fresh because it crisps the crust up. No regrets on this buy!

My only wish is that it was a little taller. This does occasionally limit what I can put in vs a traditional toaster oven. Love the width though for frozen pizzas, etc.

1 Like

Love love love mine! Bought as a refurb and arrived with a dent in the top which I immediately bumped out. Highly recommend!

1 Like

Lol I bought a refurb and had a dent in mine as well. I left it, it adds character!

Actually I never tried to remove it. Might have to do that.

So be aware party people….your refurb unit will probably have a small dent or two.

1 Like

Same here - dent in mine but functions perfectly. Preheats in less than a minute, convenient with little hungry mouths to feed. Very happy I bought this, I use it more than anything else in the kitchen (aside from the fridge).

Same, right down to the height thing. There’s a family meal, frozen dinner thing I like to make. Tried it in this oven and while it fits, b/c it’s so close to everything, it kind of melted the container it cooks in. So it and brownies (the brownie pan I have won’t fit either) are basically the only things I still cook in our convection oven…

I wish they made an XL version of this that was 4” or so taller and just a bit wider like an inch or inch and a half to fit a 9x13 casserole dish. THAT would be the perfect machine!

Anyone know Of any casserole dishes that will fit in this thing?

1 Like

I wish I could be one of the happy ones who bought this but it’s too narrow for my liking. The 5-in-1 Power Air Fryer Pro I bought here on Woot! for half the price does rotisserie and that’s what I use it for the most along with air frying french fries and hash browns.

Could someone please educated me? What is the difference between air frying and just baking in a standard oven (or toaster oven, in this case)? I have a toaster oven I use a lot and like. How is this different? (Other than being bigger.)

Thanks in advance.

Love mine…No dent, so no extra character. :wink:

I don’t get to use it as much as I used to, but it works well for so many things and reheating pizza is great. We do flip it up when not using it since it makes the counter tops look a bit less cluttered.

1 Like

Google can be your friend.

An oven heats from the bottom. A convection oven heats from the bottom but adds a fan to circulate hot air. An air fryer (normally) has heat elements on the top on bottom, includes a fan (like a convection oven), and also incorporates a basket so that food is evenly heated; not just the side facing the heating element.

1 Like

It’s basically a normal oven but smaller, so things cook with less electric and a bit faster. It’s not going to fry anything, it’s just baking stuff with a lot more energy savings to trade off for the much less heating costs.