Sun Joe 24V Power Cleaner Bundle

Sun Joe 24V Power Cleaner Bundle

12 minutes of run time? That is about enough time to poorly clean my tires.

Not to mention it takes 5 HOURS of charging time for those precious 12 minutes.

Here are some more rather concerning items about the battery mentioned in the manual.

1. Charging the battery at a temperature below 41°F (5°C) will cause chemical damage to the cells and may CAUSE A FIRE :fire:. Only 41°???

• 2 level monitoring LEDs are lit: Battery charge level (60%) is decreasing. Stop work as soon as possible.
• 1 level monitoring LED is lit: Battery is flat (30%). Stop work IMMEDIATELY and charge the battery. Otherwise the
battery’s service life will be greatly shortened.

It’s no wonder you only have 12 minutes of use. You have to stop working as soon as possible when battery is only slightly above half charge and if you don’t check and let it go below 30%, you are greatly shortening its life. CRAZY!

Plus this seems rather inconvenient.

CAUTION! NEVER change spray pattern without
stopping the power cleaner AND the battery removed.

This product sounds like a piece of garbage.

1 Like

Actually, it’s not that bad. This is a power washer, not a pressure washer. It runs off a 24-volt battery, not a 500cc fossil fuel engine. If you keep all of that in mind, the fact that you can take it around the outside of your house to wash the windows and not have to drag a garden hose around with you makes it rather convenient. No, it will not wash 5 years of grime off you deck. Because it’s not a pressure washer. Manage expectations, and you won’t be disappointed. I’m not.

1 Like

So you lug around a bucket instead of a hose?

1 Like

Yep, and then you have to walk back and forth to the hose that you’re not lugging around to refill the bucket. :joy:.

I actually don’t have a problem with the concept it’s the battery-life-to-charge-time and restrictions that suck. I guess you would have to upgrade to a more expensive battery for reasonable utility.

1 Like

Team @iguana71 here.

Thanks for your practical input.

1 Like

Or multiple batteries.

Not sure it’s worth the bother. I read a ton of reviews. While it seems most were positive ie the psi was enough to get more jobs done. The real red flag was the battery life. Sun Joe should include 2 batteries as 12 minutes is nuts to use this tool.

Pfft. I’m just going to burn gallons of fossil fuel to clean the bird poop off of my deck…

Say…has anybody noticed HOW MANY DINOSAURS went into making BILLIONS & BILLIONS of petroleum products?

Ever since M. King Hubbert in the 1950s convinced a lot of people with his “peak oil” theory that production would collapse and we’d eventually exhaust our crude supplies, the clock has been running. And running. And it will continue to run for some time, as technology and new discoveries show that there’s still an ocean of oil under our feet.

we’re not running out of oil, folks.

1 Like

Wow, that’s a bit of a leap. Who said anything about running out of oil? You want a gas pressure washer? By all means get a gas pressure washer. This product is for those who don’t. Although from what I’m reading there might be better ones out there. I ain’t getting one. Perfectly happy with my Ryobi electric.

1 Like

What? Nevermind…my bad. Carry on.

1 Like

1 Like

I have no idea what that is (actually I think I might) but I find myself LOL’ing. uncontrollably.

I bought this last time it was up for sale and am honestly disappointed in it. I get better pressure out of my regular faucet and hose nozzle, at least with the hose attachment. The bucket feature might be useful at some point but I would probably get a true electric pressure washer over this if I were to do it again.

2 Likes

Thank you ma’am. :kiss:

Dad? Is that you?

ETA: I love the call back to “No Country for old Men”

Gettin’ old aint for sissys.

2 Likes