Lenovo N23 11.6" 2-in-1 Touch Notebook

Lenovo N23 11.6" 2-in-1 Touch Notebook

Dual core? Can 2003 still be relevant?

“The performance of a desktop.”

Remember the chart…

This falls squarely in the “cheap” and “cheap” circle. There’s no overlap with another. It’s just cheap.

1 Like

If you TRULY believe with all your heart, then yes, Virginia (err teamjetta), 2003 can still be relevant.

Except for technology. Believing doesn’t work with technology.

I don’t recommend buying this (very old, like from 2016) model at any price. Google will stop updating it in June 2022, basically six months from now.

Check this for any Chromebook to know how long Google will keep updating its operating system:

Just to say, it is dangerous to use the Chrome web browser or the Chrome OS if you aren’t getting security vulnerabilities patched.

This is not a chromebook.

3 Likes

Grabbed one of these to run PowerPoints in one of the kids rooms at church. Windows 10 and has HDMI out and if it gets broken I won’t cry.

I see lots of NO written all over this Lenovo.

A web search of “n3060 site:cpubenchmark.net” returning a passmark less than 1,000 is a recipe for slow web news/media browsing.

2 Likes

Here’s the link:
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Celeron+N3060+%40+1.60GHz&id=2762

Performance is definitely modest, on par with a dual-core Pentium or Athlon 64 X2 from 2008 (albeit with much much lower power consumption). If the purpose is to remote into another system, this can do the job. For other tasks, patience will be necessary.

(Note that I am not staff. I just volunteer to help out on the forums.)

1 Like
1 Like

I have one simple question. Could my kid use this to play Roblox? Thats literally the only thing it would need it to do.

It barely meets the minimum system requirements for Roblox (1.6 ghz processor, 1 MB RAM, this Braswell graphics meets requirements but it will still be a terrible experience). They might be able to play it, but they’ll hate it.

With only 64 GB of storage, however, you will never be able to successfully run Windows Update. Stay far, far away.

1 Like

Yeah, I made that mistake once as well. :-\