2-in-1 Cassette MP3 Converter Recorder

2-in-1 Cassette MP3 Converter Recorder

Hell yeah. Needs to come with those foam-covered headphones on a metal band.
images

4 Likes

The Fine Manual: http://manuals.pyleusa.com/PDF/PCASRSD17.pdf – it only does mp3 @ 128kbps. Not sure if the ole cassettes deserve better than that but it’d be nice to have options.

I really like this device. In the past I connected a tape deck to the mic input port of my PC and recorded the audio with a sound capture program.

The biggest problem with ANY new cassette player is that only one company makes cassette mechanisms anymore, and they are among the lowest quality mechanisms that were ever produced. If you are looking to rescue some irreplaceable cassette tape and bring it into the digital age, then it deserves better than any modern hardware. You are better off finding someone with an old serviceable deck, or even buying one off of eBay.

1 Like

For $25 it’s not much of a gamble buying this new versus a 20 year old tape deck with dry rotted rubber band drive. And the non-PC recording feature makes it even better

1 Like

It’s not a gamble at all - this mechanism cannot produce the sound that you would find acceptable for music, period. Well, I don’t know you so your ears could be bad :slight_smile:

Seriously, I know it is a pain to track down an older deck. I know not everyone thinks they can swap out a belt. But you almost certainly will not be happy with the results from this unless lots of hiss and wow/flutter are fine for your application. Like maybe you have an old dictation you want to save or something. This is why you need to stay friends with some geeks…

1 Like

I doubt music recorded on cassette tapes back in the 90’s would have high enough quality for me to care. Just the fact that I can convert tape to mp3 without a PC is a win in my book. Some have higher expectations with limited sound quality from cassette tapes while I’m easy to please

1 Like

This was delivered today and seems to experience grounding noises when recording. Also it didn’t like the initial USB memory stick I had tried to use. Fortunately I have others that worked.