(2022) Apple iPhone SE 3rd Gen (Unlocked) (Factory Reconditioned)

(2022) Apple iPhone SE 3rd Gen (Unlocked) (Factory Reconditioned)

5 Likes

Is it officially reconditioned by Apple?

5 Likes

A lot other Apple refurbs on woot are guaranteed to have at least 85% battery life. Any chance these also carry that same assurance?

6 Likes

I miss my home button

8 Likes

Apple reconditioned iPhones carry the same one year warranty as new Apple phones. If these are factory reconditioned, why do they have a 90 day Woot warranty only? Seems like they aren’t truly “Factory reconditioned.”

9 Likes

Actually, the story is better here. These were reconditioned by Apple themselves and come with a 95% battery guarantee!!! But they are NOT eligible for AppleCare because they didn’t quite meet Apple’s measure of perfection to be sold on their own site.

P.S. Thanks for asking the question. I had forgotten to add the battery info to this deal.

15 Likes

This is very tempting I just got a Pixel 7 Pro and I have been very curious about how these Iphone perform.

6 Likes

What method is being used to ship them? I’ll be out of town for the holidays.

I can talk to my neighbor and make arrangements for it to be delivered to her house if it’s UPS.

I just want to know if it’s some other option before I order.

Thanks WOOT!

4 Likes

It’s shipping directly from our vendor so I don’t know for sure but most likely it will ship UPS.

9 Likes

Any idea how these are shipped? Last time I bought a phone from Woot, it was shipped in a padded manila envelope. Luckily the phone wasn’t beat up from transport. But still not cool to ship electronics that way.

5 Likes

I ordered one for daughter present on December 10 and was worried it would not arrive in time as it showed December 29. It arrived December 19 via UPS in a nondescript box – air padding inside. Battery is 100% brand new. Does anyone know if you can get AppleCare for these at a retail Apple Store?

4 Likes

Per the post above, not eligible for AppleCare.

4 Likes

The phone I received has a sticker that states it was pre-owned and battery life will vary based on prior use. There is nothing on it saying it’s been factory reconditioned.

5 Likes

Same here, the description also stated “no visible scratches” and the one I received does have scratches on the screen. The phone is still useable but I haven’t even put a SIM card in it and already it’s not as advertised. Really on the fence about returning it because it’s not that much more to buy a new one.

7 Likes

Thanks for reaching out. That’s just the “standard” sticker that Apple puts on all their reconditioned stuff. The unit should have at least 95% battery and be in pristine condition with essentially no visible wear. If either of those things aren’t the case for your unit, feel free to return it to us and we’ll yell at our vendor about it :rofl:. With respect to the sticker not saying “Factory Reconditioned” on it, that’s pretty much universally the case for most stuff we sell here at Woot, just like it is for most other retailers. Our “new” stuff generally doesn’t say “new” on the sticker and our “Reconditioned”, “Grade-A”, and “Scratch & Dent” doesn’t generally have those identifiers on the stickers either.

10 Likes

Sorry to hear you happened to get a unit with some scratches on the screen. That shouldn’t be the case for this batch of units. Feel free to return it for a full refund if you’re not completely satisfied.

Sorry Kate Mckinnon GIF by Saturday Night Live

6 Likes

Only the phone arrived, wrapped in bubble wrap in a brown box.

There was no charging cable, nor “brick”. I didn’t see in the description where this was NOT included?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

3 Likes

I purchased a similar deal on Amazon (was actually a few dollars cheaper than this deal) and it came with 100% battery, no scratches, basically like new.

4 Likes

Received mine yesterday, the screen also has some scratch and scuffs. I wanted this as a gift for an older relative and I can’t give them a scratched phone…. I’m ordering a 2nd one in hopes it won’t be scratched.

5 Likes

Agree with you a home button seems essential. Here is how to place a on screen home button on either a newer iPhone or an iPhone that has a broken physical home button (which was my situation). Hope it interests you and proves helpful !

4 Likes