3.5” USB 2.0/FireWire External Aluminum Case

Note: This post contains pricing information for future reference because it is generally not available elsewhere once the next Woot has been offered.

$24.99 + $5 shipping
condition: New
product(s): 1 3.5” USB 2.0/FireWire External Aluminum Case

does it come with a free hard drive? please…

um, i dont even think i have firewire anywhere. how fast is firewire anywway?

nix all that totally skipped the USB 2 part…

Wheres the jingle/ podcast tonight?

call me dumb but what are these sued for?

Woot Listed Price and info:

$24.99+ $5 shipping = $29.99

Froogle says:

Froogle Link

$35 to $40ish

Matthew gets a well deserved weekend off.

Decent price, looks cool, but it’s a little expensive for me If i was going to get an enclosure, iwould get a cheap one, not a pretty one. if it included a small hard drive for that price than maybe…

you can get decent ones from NewEgg for this price or cheaper… no thanks…

Just when I buy one from the Egg (for much more), this comes up. Oh well, at least I got a bag of poop.

At least the one I ordered came with a fan, does this one come with one?

Well maybe we should have seen an awesome 250GB HD this morning and then possibly bundled it with a case. I mean I don’t really just have a hard drive sitting around.

Now, was that a Weird Al reference near the start? Great!

Does this case support SATA or IDE hard drives??? Be smart WOOT and tell us.

USB2 Maxes out at 480mbps, but that’s on a completely clear USB bus (how many devices do you have plugged in *right now?)

FireWire maxes out at 400mbps, or about 50 megabytes per second.

Check out Tiger Direct they have a ton and they are pretty cheap too

There’s a smaller one for half the price at Newegg:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817145752

Not the best Woot…but who cares. I’m still on a high from my 3 Bags of Crap in the mail as we speak!

Too bad you can get one of these that is 5.25" (disc drive size) for the same price…Oh well - maybe tomorrow.

Its not bad, but even if their is a HD tomorrow, it’ll have to be IDE, and thats just not practical nowadays. Buying a SATA HD from newheres is already like having a constant woot. If it was SATA internal interface that would be more up to speed, those HDs are cheaper for better speed, quality and smaller size…i mean come on.

sorry, no podcast on the weekend.