Mine rattles like a bucket of bolts, loudest on the slow speed but with an annoying banging on high.
I called 3M and they’re sending me a replacement unit, with a prepaid return mailer for the old one.
I suspect that rough handling during shipping misaligned the “squirrel cage” fan. It’s unfortunate that they have such a high failure rate in this unit, which otherwise seems to be great.
Well, mine (2) arrived at FedEx Phoenix sort facility today. I’m really looking forward to receiving these. A little concerned about the noise of these as some have reported. Hopefully they will be delivered as scheduled tomorrow. I will report back on the noise quality on mine once I get them up and running.
finally got mines plugged in. its not as loud as ppl make it out to be. The highest setting is definitely noticeable, but it sounds just like a regular fan on med. Nothing tornado like. The 2 lower settings are quiet and can’t even tell its on if your watching tv, playing video games, listening to music in the room. but if you’re sleeping, maybe the lowest setting would be best as it just hums along.
Got all 3 of mine yesterday.ONE of them rattles on the two lower speeds because the fan is wobbly…if it gets worse, i’ll open it and see if i can fix it, but on high speed its quiet.
Get some of those spongy cheap filters and cut them to size and put over the filter.The replacement filters are expensive, so why not let a cheap filter catch some of the bigger stuff?
I have a lung disease and i swear already it seems easier to breathe.I have 3 of them going in a 40ft RV.
I got mine shipped back a few days ago. so far so good. No rattles or hums on my unit and it works like a champ. Ahh, fresh clean air compliments of woot. Thank you come again.
Well mine came today, quiet as a mouse…i mean you hear the fan like if you had a fan running in your house, but other then that, thats all i hear…Thanks woot…and yea, this is alot bigger then i thought…16X10 room, thats a good size for me, hopefully this will help control the dust near my electronics. so for now its near my TV and under an AC vent, it may be moved later but for now…Thanks again woot
[QUOTE=liferules, post:690, topic:153833]
Got mine several days ago. I have to say they are FAR QUIETER than my hunter ones. Seem to work better as well. I am overall pleased and great price…
Question: Which side is the front? The handle side or the filter side?
[/quote]
i’m assuming the handle side. I don’t think it matters much though.
Received my two today. No issue on fan noise for me. Can only really here them running when they are on high setting. I would say anyone who got one that ticks or clanks may want to seek a replacement from manufacturer. Overall, extremely satisfied with this woot. Wish I would have bought three.
I really have no complaints about it. It seems great.
But as soon as I turned it on and came back in 30 minutes… the whole room smelled like a combination of skunk and light marijuana. Does anyone else have an odor problem after they turned on their unit?
Perhaps I have a bad filter or bad unit? Do you just recommend that I call on 3M or Woot on monday?
[QUOTE=SaiKoKilla, post:694, topic:153833]
I really have no complaints about it. It seems great…the whole room smelled like a combination of skunk and light marijuana.
[/quote]
How can it seem great when it makes your room smell like a skunk and light marijuana? Odd preferences, I guess…
I also talked with the Rebate folks on the phone - the form says to find the “Proof of Purchase” symbol on the back to send in with receipt and form - FOR THIS ITEM that “Proof of Purchase” is indeed the UPC code on the back of the overlay inside the bag, around the top of the filter.
[/quote]
I’m confused. The rebate form specifically states “the original UPC bar code from the package”. I assume this is the bar code on the box. Is this incorrect? I can’t believe they would hide a UPC inside the unit by the filter…
[QUOTE=liferules, post:696, topic:153833]
I’m confused. The rebate form specifically states “the original UPC bar code from the package”. I assume this is the bar code on the box. Is this incorrect? I can’t believe they would hide a UPC inside the unit by the filter…
[/quote]
I would think off of the box We better make sure with 3m
[QUOTE=liferules, post:696, topic:153833]
I’m confused. The rebate form specifically states “the original UPC bar code from the package”. I assume this is the bar code on the box. Is this incorrect? I can’t believe they would hide a UPC inside the unit by the filter…
[/quote]
Yea, that makes no sense that the upc from something inside the unit…Usually its UPC from the box itself…it doesnt make sense that it would be something odd like that…I say send the UPC from the box …but thats me
[QUOTE=shimey013, post:698, topic:153833]
Yea, that makes no sense that the upc from something inside the unit…Usually its UPC from the box itself…it doesnt make sense that it would be something odd like that…I say send the UPC from the box …but thats me
[/quote]
The only problem is that I looked at the UPC on my 2 boxes and they were identical (in fact there were 2 on each box) so I don’t know if it really identifies the unit is individual. There’s a large square box of data on the bottom of the box but way too big to mail in…
FWIW, I tried calling 3M, but the rebate VM was messed up…
[QUOTE=liferules, post:699, topic:153833]
The only problem is that I looked at the UPC on my 2 boxes and they were identical (in fact there were 2 on each box) so I don’t know if it really identifies the unit is individual. There’s a large square box of data on the bottom of the box but way too big to mail in…
FWIW, I tried calling 3M, but the rebate VM was messed up…
[/quote]
Usually when i send in rebated you send in the UPC and by looking at the box i would say your UPC is on the side of the box and starts with a 0 and has the model # in the white box. The individuality runs with the proof of purchase with sending in the recipt/order. I dont see any UPC on the bottom of the box, but a UPC on each side…anyway..thats what i would send in if i was you, because every other rebate i have ever sent in usually want that UPC and it usually never shows that the unit is an individual but just shows that you own the box and all that…anyway…hope this helps you some…It would make no sense if this rebate was any different then any other rebate that has ever been sent in.