A New Category?

GroceryBlog

Hello, Wooters! You may be noticing something new on the Woot! site and Woot! app:

GH

That’s right, we’ve got a NEW category! It’s called Grocery & Household, and it’s replacing our our existing Gourmet page. So, let’s get right to those questions!

Why are you launching this category?
Because we’ve been selling more and more consumable-type products, and they don’t fit really well into our existing Home & Kitchen OR Gourmet categories.

What makes this different from Gourmet?
LOTS of new selection: snacks, soft drinks, sides, soups and stocks, spices, soap, condiments, coffee, cleaning supplies, household essentials and tons more!

Will there still be a daily deal?
Of course! The category will have a main deal every single day, plus different ways to navigate through our virtual “aisles” of products.

Do I still have to use Amazon Pay like I did with Gourmet?
No! You can use all forms of payment, just like all the other categories at Woot!

Will there be Grocery Woot-Offs?
Yep! VERY SOON!

What’s happening to Gourmet?
The Gourmet name is being retired to the great salad bar in the sky, but gourmet deals will be available in the new G & H category, alongside the rest of the deals.

Hey, I don’t see many aisles. What gives?
We’ve designed the site to hide any aisles that don’t currently have selection available. But we have lots of aisles that are waiting to magically appear for your shopping pleasure…

I found something broken and/or I have other feedback!
Tell us! We’ve done lots of internal testing to make sure that everything is ship-shape, but we also know that our most valuable feedback comes from YOU. We want you to visit the page, poke around the deals, buy something, and let us know about your experience here!

Is it true that you’re opening physical Woot! grocery stores across the US, with pictures of Mort and Monte on all the grocery bags and Bags O’ Crap vending machines outside of every store?
No, but we’ll consider it.

:w_ooh: OK that’s all for now. Check out the new page and tell us what you think! Thanks :w_happy1:

8 Likes

Yay.

Will my cart be sanitized for me each time I shop at Grocery & Household?

9 Likes

I was panicked when I didn’t see the Gourmet section but this change makes a lot of sense.

1 Like

Gourmet was always my first stop, and sometimes my only stop. Considering all the $$$$ I have spent on that aisle, as you call it, over the years, I guess it wasn’t enough to qualify as a member of “a small number of users,” eh?

At some point in life, one has just so much crap that most of the offerings have little to no appeal given the sometimes often discounts, timeliness of availability vs. need, and the lack of customer service/returns on defective or inop items. For items that we really need, I usually shop elsewhere.

However, that being said, we still eat. Every day, mostly.

I understand that things change and that to refresh sales, sometimes change is needed. And reading between the lines, it would appear (to me) that items on Gourmet that were supplied by Wine Country Connect, etc, were a main driver for the elimination of that aisle. Time will tell, if this be true or not.

1 Like

Gourmet was usually my first stop. Agree you get to a point in your life where you have to eat & needs aren’t so urgent. Foods we aren’t familiar with or sounded interesting, it was fun to try. Is Wine Country going away? Not sure of the history of them & Woot! but I never had a problem with them. If one were to look at my purchasing history, it’s certainly not the only category I shop. I think once the pandemic came, spouse & I spent more time & $$ here because we could shop while isolating. We also keep a gift stash. Just so you know who shopping & why—and I’m sure it’s changed a lot over the last several months.

1 Like

It’s a random selection of users as we work up to 100%. Nothing personal if you aren’t in the first groups.

Wine Country Connect will be a part of Grocery as well. We’ll just be expanding to other offers as well.

2 Likes

I can’t see it yet!
@davejlives I will be adding this to the lawsuit.

1 Like

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TELL ME MEAT FLAPS WILL STILL BE AVAILABLE

4 Likes

put it on the list

3 Likes

The court won’t be able to handle such a high profile case!

they’ll have to take it to SPACE COURT

2 Likes

The Supreme Court may be able to handle it. Just don’t do anything else.

Lawsuits and meat flaps. The stuff of a good country song.

3 Likes

LOOK AT ME! I’M A RANDOM! I’M SO SPECIAL! EAT YOUR HEART OUT YOU NON-RANDOMS!

5 Likes

YOU GET TO SEE IT?!?!!?

1 Like

Yes, are you jelly?

2 Likes