Adobe Elements 2020

This is not Photoshop - it’s Adobe Elements - a home version of Photoshop which is always much cheaper. It’s not unusual to see it for $79, so this is still a good deal. It’s everything the average home user would need. I have Photoshop on my work computer and I actually prefer Elements.

I bought the 2018 Adoble Elements bundle and had to choose Mac or PC download. It sounds like this comes with both disks… from the Amazon FAQ - " * 1
vote

Question:

Ok, i have both a mac and a windows 10 pc on my desk. if i buy the disk version, can i load it to both machines?

Answer:

You should be able to put the software on 2 computers as long a you only use 1 at a time… The registrtion key is the same for both PC and Mac. Here is a snip from the Adobe EULA.
2.1.3 Portable or Home Computer Use. Subject to the restrictions set forth in Section 2.1.4, the primary user of the Computer on which the Software is installed under Section 2.1 (“Primary User”) may install a second copy of the Software for his or her exclusive use on either a portable Computer or a Computer located at his or her home, provided that the Software on the portable or home Computer is not used at the same time as the Software on the primary Computer. see less
By Pam R on October 20, 2019

I ordered the set that includes both Photoshop Elements 2020 and Premier Elements 2020 since I also do some video editing. It came with separate discs for mac and windows.
By Jim J. on October 20, 2019

There were two discs in the box. One for Mac and one for PC.
By Lisa on October 20, 2019

Yes, you can use it on up to two machines at one time. In my case I use it on my desktop and and a laptop for my vacations.
By D. Brundage on October 20, 2019

The software comes with two separate discs and two separate product ID. For me, that means two separate licenses. However, you really need to ask Adobe.
By Maij on October 22, 2019

Yes you just can’t use both computers at the same time.
By SS on October 20, 2019

Yes you can
By william o. marang on October 21, 2019"

The FAQ on Amazon reports that it includes both DVDs, Mac & PC, and that it can be installed on two machines, but you can’t use them at the same time… (PC 1, PC 2 or Mac 1, Mac 2, or PC 1, Mac 1) - Only one install in use at any given time.

"Question:

Ok, i have both a mac and a windows 10 pc on my desk. if i buy the disk version, can i load it to both machines?

Answer:

You should be able to put the software on 2 computers as long a you only use 1 at a time… The registrtion key is the same for both PC and Mac. Here is a snip from the Adobe EULA.
2.1.3 Portable or Home Computer Use. Subject to the restrictions set forth in Section 2.1.4, the primary user of the Computer on which the Software is installed under Section 2.1 (“Primary User”) may install a second copy of the Software for his or her exclusive use on either a portable Computer or a Computer located at his or her home, provided that the Software on the portable or home Computer is not used at the same time as the Software on the primary Computer. see less
By Pam R on October 20, 2019

I ordered the set that includes both Photoshop Elements 2020 and Premier Elements 2020 since I also do some video editing. It came with separate discs for mac and windows.
By Jim J. on October 20, 2019

There were two discs in the box. One for Mac and one for PC.
By Lisa on October 20, 2019

Yes, you can use it on up to two machines at one time. In my case I use it on my desktop and and a laptop for my vacations.
By D. Brundage on October 20, 2019

The software comes with two separate discs and two separate product ID. For me, that means two separate licenses. However, you really need to ask Adobe.
By Maij on October 22, 2019

Yes you just can’t use both computers at the same time.
By SS on October 20, 2019

Yes you can
By william o. marang on October 21, 2019

https://www.amazon.com/Adobe-Photoshop-Elements-2020-Premiere/dp/B07X4RR19R/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=Adobe%2BElements%2B2020&qid=1605537621&sr=8-2&th=1

Thanks for checking into the upgrade as you said though YMMV

for those with concerns over needing a DVD… i would think you should be able to download direct from adobe, and activate with the codes from your disc purchase. maybe?

Is this a upgrade or full version? Am I correct in thinking if I have a current version and purchase a new full version, nothing from the old version transfers to the new version?

Some Answers

Good morning. It’s a perpetual license.

Disc works for both MacOS and Windows.

It’s a full version. I don’t know the answer to your second question. Sorry.

Wow, so much confusion, but ultimately appears to be cleared up.

We’ve been using this software back to when Adobe sold the included photo organizer as a free-standing product, 20 years ago!

We had a growing collection of digital photos and wanted a way to organize and protect them that would be long-standing. We chose Adobe’s organizer and remain pleased with that choice.

While today, many prefer to preserve their digital photo collection at one of the many online services, we only keep our “relatively current” photos in Apple iCloud.

Even tho it requires diligence, we continue to regularly back up our photos locally to multiple drives and use Photoshop Elements to organize and access those photos.

The included Adobe Elements organizer alone is well worth the $50 purchase price if you prefer to preserve your photos locally. This software rarely drops below $50 and only by a bit.

A video about the organizer on Adobe’s site:

Question: if I have a current version and purchase a new full version, nothing from the old version transfers to the new version? Yes, the auto-install should isolate the new install into its own named destination folder and not impact the old version; the ideal would be to uninstall the old version first, but both approaches work.

More Answers

This is NOT eligible for a free upgrade to Adobe Elements 2021. YMMV, of course.

The discs can be set up on either Mac or Windows computers.

1 Like

If you have any aspirations of working in the field of professional photography then don’t go this route. There are many features that are missing in this product that you’ll find useful as a working pro. I recommend Photoshop/Lightroom bundle for $9.95 per month. https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html# I spend most of my time in Lightroom for cataloging and doing quick photo edits. If I need more elaborate edits then I jump to Photoshop then back to Lightroom (“round tripping”). I also use the mobile Lightroom version for photo editing on my iPhone extensively. Cheers!

No aspirations here, just going to try to pull a Kardashian style Christmas card and pretend like all my dogs were in the same room, looking at the camera at the same time (or some version of). Hoping to do a better job than the K family and make sure all the legs belong to the right dogs and there aren’t extra appendages.

As a fellow Wooter said, the devil is in the details.

Thanks Wooters for all the awesome insight and info. Woot forums can be there own Materclass, at times (especially when a smoker is on sale)

2 Likes

Of course Woot chimes in as to the status of upgrade AFTER 4 hours of sales and many debates of weather this is eligible for the 2021 upgrade. This could have been in the details early on, but nope ! Lets Sell a ton of software THEN Tell everyone oh …by the way this is NOT eligible for the 2021 upgrade. I smell some shenanigans going on here. Woot You be shady

1 Like

Not shady. Sleeping maybe. I posted the information as soon as I got it. And it was sent to me as soon as we got it from the vendor.

i’m not gonna complain. the last version i’ve had to work with is 11 and came with my scanner.
i don’t think the versions change enough for me to worry over from one year to the next unless it’s not supported on your OS.

I’d guess anyone with real problems could possibly cancel their order. ?

Thank you very much for contacting the vendor and getting this info. I read towards the top of this thread that the 2020 version that’s for sale here doesn’t work at all with the new macOS (Big Sur v11). Did the vendor say anything about that at all to you? I would really like to purchase this but I literally just updated to macOS Big Sur today! Thanks for any info you have and can share. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:t2:

We did ask but did not hear back on that. This is all I found:

1 Like

No joy on the complementary upgrade to Elements 2021, and now Adobe has the newest version on sale for only $10 more than this was.

The box included DVDs for both so you get both