Adobe Elements 2020

Adobe Elements 2020

Ok, it always concerns me when I am one of the 1st people to buy something, especially when there aren’t many sales right away, too.

I bought the bundle - I have wanted Photoshop for a long time. Was this a good deal or was there some way to own this for a less expensive route (besides bumming it off off someone)

I’m checking too. I have Adobe Elements 2018 and found that there is upgrade pricing to the newest version for @$20. I think this is a good deal because it’s “likely” eligible for a FREE upgrade to elements 2021!
" You could be eligible for a complimentary (free) upgrade if you bought your Adobe software (full or upgrade) around the time that a new version of the software was announced.

Read this document in French | German | Japanese | Italian | Swedish | Spanish | Dutch | Danish | Brazilian Portuguese | Norwegian | Finnish | Chinese Traditional | Chinese Simplified | Korean | Czech | Hungarian | Polish | Russian | Turkish | Arabic | Hebrew

Adobe Creative Cloud updates

Adobe offers the most up-to-date versions of applications to Creative Cloud members as soon as they are available. For information about Creative Cloud upgrades, see the Creative Cloud FAQ.

Complimentary upgrade eligibility

Make sure you meet all the following requirements:

You own a single-user retail or educational version of an Adobe software product
Not sure if you have a single-user product? See Determine your software license type.

You have registered your serial number
See Product Registration Options.

You have your order number or proof of purchase

• Did you purchase from Adobe? You need your order number.
  • Did you purchase from a store? You need an electronic copy of the sales receipt that shows the store’s name and address, product name, version purchased, purchase date, and purchase price. (Scan the receipt, if it is not in electronic form.) See Valid proof of purchase.

You have a qualifying product
These products don’t qualify for complimentary upgrades:

• Products purchased through the Mac App Store
  • Second-hand purchases, including software received through a transfer of license
  • Tutorial DVDs, trials, tryouts, betas, Not For Retail (NFR), and bundled OEM versions

Request a complimentary upgrade

Complimentary post-announce upgrades are available only through Adobe and cannot be used with any other offers. Upgrades come in the same platform, language, and edition as your previous version. (You can request a different language if the language wasn’t available previously or is no longer offered.)

Contact us to find out if your purchase falls in the eligibility period.

Denied requests

If you think you were denied in error, contact us. Be sure to include the serial number that you used to make your request."

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/upgrade-policy-product-announcement.html

BTW, current education pricing is $79.95 for the bundle dvd - AcademicSuperstore.com: Academic software discounts, Education software discounts

Beware you do need access to a DVD drive to install this software.
You can create an installer, but if you only have USB C ports, make sure you have a drive that will work. - YouTube

1 Like

I do have a DVD drive, so I am good there, thank you for the education pricing, that is great to know (I was wondering) and the possibility of the 2021 upgrade (how great would that be!)

Can anyone confirm (or deny about the free upgrade?

Is this a 1 year license or is it a perpetual license? I though Adobe had switched over to the 1 year license and then you need to renew it.

1 Like

So in essence, I may only be “renting” it for a year vs owning it and being able to use it for many years?

If you buy the disk you are buying the software. So one and done, no monthly/yearly fee like the “Pro” versions.

Title says “PC/Mac”. In the box says “PC/Mac”, but the specs tab only states MacOS requirement. Is the Windows version included here?

I honestly appreciate all of you fellow Wooters and your great, great questions. You find inconsistencies that I completely miss and ask by, far higher, level knowledge questions than I have - I really learn a lot through the forums and often get a great laugh.

Thank you!

3 Likes

The devil is in the details. One really needs to know what they are getting when dealing with bargain bin stuff. Low prices tends to blind one to what is actually on offer.

Mac users may note: it appears (only by a quick google) that 2020 would not run on the just released Big Sur.

So you’d wanna be able to upgrade for free. Or gamble… I’m debating.

Edit: tried my 2020 trial version on Big Sur. Seems to want to open, but I do not yet want to login and activate my trial. Could work w/o upgrade to 2021?

I would like to know this as well, is this for PC AND MAC or just Pc or just MAC?

Okay pulled the trigger. Went to the educational site for the 2021 software, but tax and shipping puts it over the this price, hopefully this will be a free upgrade so we can get the latest but a better price. Seems like the upgrade should be eligible according to the posted information. We shall see…if this was the better deal. All the time WOOT. All the Time

Pricing concern - checking still, but Microsoft Store has 2021 Photoshop for $59.99. Looking at other prices; could use a better Woot style price drop.

just got off a 30 minute “chat” with Adobe and the rep indicated it WAS eligible for a FREE update to 2021. Of course, that is what they SAID, and without having the software installed and in hand I can’t say that will actually be the case in the end… As usual YMMV.

link?

On sale for 18 more days; unsure if it’s download or disk, didn’t want to enter purchase information and risk buying until I decided.

Just realized I have Corel Aftershot Pro 3 from a free download when purchasing camera earlier in year. Seems pretty strong; any thoughts on it’s ability vs. Photoshop?