Airthereal MA10K-PRO Ozone Generator

I use it on groceries. It kills viruses, bacteria and moulds. During this pandemic, I put my groceries (excluding cold products) in the garage where the output is blowing on the groceries. I leave the garage closed and after the cycle I open the garage and let it air out before removing the groceries. I also use it in the bathroom to eliminate mounds. Of course when the area is empty and later aired out.

I been using ozone generators for 10 plus years in my basement on wifi outlets. My basement is musty even when dry so this removes the smell. I run it from 2am till 4am then when I get up its safe if I had to go down there. Just use common sense people donā€™t run this in your living room while watching TV. It will not kill you either if you walk in the room when itā€™s running if you have to get something quick. It smells like bleach and it does sanitize a room. It never hurt any electronics. All the warning are BS unless you misuse these

2 Likes

Dammit this produces ozone which makes a huge hole over the arctic to let in chloroflourocarbons and penguins get sucked into outer space, you b*****ds!

2 Likes

No worries. Thereā€™s no penguins in the arctic.

:w_tongue:

4 Likes

Shhhh

1 Like

Ozone generators will not eliminate viruses (like COVID), bacteria, mold, or other biological pollutants when used at concentrations that do not exceed public health standards. However, the point of ozone generators like this one is to produce ozone levels that greatly exceed safe concentrations - which definitely DO eliminate viruses (like COVID), bacteria, mold, and other biological pollutants. Thatā€™s why rooms where it is used should be unoccupied and sealed off as much as possible. The machine should be allowed to run for the correct amount of time to produce the desired ozone levels (instructions will state how long to run it based on the size of the room) and the room should remain sealed/unoccupied for the correct amount of time after the machine stops running to allow the ozone to break down and return to safe levels. This is all spelled out in the instructions for the machine.

This document details how the Army uses them to sanitize areas against COVID-19:
https://phc.amedd.army.mil/PHC%20Resource%20Library/cv19-use-of-ozone-generators.pdf

My wife is a COVID nurse at our hospital. We have one of these units (different brand) and use it in our garage to decontaminate her car/clothing/equipment when she gets home from a shift. We run it for about 20 minutes in a standard 2-car garage and donā€™t go out there for at least two hours after it runs (usually overnight). I also have a ā€œSoCleanā€ device that sanitizes my CPAP mask/hose - and it uses ozone to do that - in a sealed chamber that you arenā€™t supposed to open for two hours after the 12-minute cleaning cycle ends. Soā€¦ these things are effective WHEN USED PROPERLY in the correct concentrations for the size of the area being decontaminated.

What worries me about these machines are the ones that will fall into the hands of stupid people who wonā€™t read the instructions or heed the warnings and will misuse them - or those who will leave them out unattended where kids might turn them on and play with them.

Bottom line: They are effective when used properly, but can be dangerous if misused, so just be careful with them.

Do they kill bedbugs? Can they be used against them?

Yeah cause they were all sucked out! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I have a similar unit that I have used several times for odors - great for use in cars, particularly ones with offensive odors in the ductwork, carpet, or just unknown crap. Great for use with jackets, shirts, coats that have weird smellsā€¦put in a very large bag or under a big tarp, and let the ozone concentrate under there to kill the odors.

But as previous comments have said, do not use one of these in a living space where you have people and pets around. This is for non-occupied places only. As long as you follow those guidelines, these things work good for odors.

I have to echo the thoughts of othersā€¦I worry that people just buy one of these, and plug it in and pay no attention to the warnings.

And there arenā€™t any in Alaska.

I bought this in a previous sale. It puts out a lot of ozone, and it has a timer. Set it up, set the timer, and come back later. For instance, after the kids are off to school set it up for 30 minutes in the mildewy basement and go to work. When everyone gets home, the ozone is long gone. Similar situation in the car - set it up, set the timer, and then come back later and just open up all the doors to let the ozone dissipate.

If itā€™s not legal why do they ship it? I got the electronic timer one with LCD and fantastic blue color in California and successfully removed much of the nasty stank from under my new house and in the garage where the previous owner let a dog hang out perhaps and relieve itself it seems. However, that is not to say it isnā€™t dangerous - they can be extremely dangerous and should really come with better warnings such as those found in this comment stream. Large easy to read sheet with images and flashy colors would go a long way. Or maybe be a little more strick and require they watch a sort of training video. That aside, I must say, these things are crazy effective when used safely and care is taken during placement and post-run exhaust / air circulation. If you have ā€œpet smellsā€, smoke stank, mold/mildew odor in the crawlspace or atticeā€¦ this can do the trick, though ALSO be sure to find and treat the problem! (A leaky wall, pipe, HVAC, or watering plants next to the house, etc.)

I bought this unit in a previous sale. It is very useful to occasionally freshen home and cars. RTFM and youā€™ll be fine. I double the recommended stay-out times and 1/2^n takes care of the rest. Math is fun!

Iā€™m old enough to remember when recreational travel existed. Before covid we started bringing it with us to freshen vacation rentals. Sometimes it was obvious previous renters violated the no smoking policy or snuck in a pet or really liked boiled cabbage. And a few of our beach condos had a ā€œlow tideā€ or wet wood odor. Fired up this thing first day we headed out for an all-day adventure and problem solved.

5 Likes

CA is sort of the boy who cried wolf to the other 49. While many of us admire and glom onto your auto-emissions standards, we still eat your nuts and berries saturated with chlorpyrifos, while you attach weird little Prop 65 stickers to all the plastic items I didnā€™t intend to eat.

2 Likes

I would posit that perhaps Arctic penguins hide better than their Antarctic counterparts. Prove me wrong!

1 Like

Ask a penguin.

1 Like

What is a wifi outlet?

Yes, they kill everything that breathes oxygen.

Smart WiFi Wall Outlet Plug

ā€œRevert backā€ is redundantā€¦

1 Like