Airthereal MA10K-PRO Ozone Generator

Airthereal MA10K-PRO Ozone Generator

“… which normally costs 30 minutes.” Yeah, quality ENML (English Not My Language) there…

1 Like

Word of advice, do some research on the effects of breathing in ozone before buying this…

for example, this generator isn’t legal in California

5 Likes

This is also potentially a pretty destructive device if misused. I would say that because this is a discount site, you would get a higher percentage of people that are unfamiliar with the correct/safe use of this device as they are purchasing it on a whim (how woot is designed as “get it before its gone”) rather than doing research.

Some big issues:

• Ozone generators can irreparably corrode the circuits of electronics if used in close proximity. (Imagine people placing this next to their PC )
  • Use where people can inhale it (people may buy this thinking it kills Corona), Ozone is incredibly harmful when inhaled. They may try to leave this on in a child’s room.
  • Ozone can be incredibly corrosive near pipes that are not galvanized (think of people putting this near their sink, or in a utility/laundry room/garage)

Ozone generators, as others have pointed out cannot be used in California.

Also- the EPA recommends Against using Ozone Generators

From the EPA:
Some studies show that ozone concentrations produced by ozone generators can exceed health standards even when one follows manufacturer’s instructions.

Also- they’re ineffective:
Available scientific evidence shows that, at concentrations that do not exceed public health standards, ozone is generally ineffective in controlling indoor air pollution.

Further:
Performance against mold and bacteria

Research has found that ozone generators were not effective at stopping mold or bacteria growth in a standard hospital room, and would require unsafe levels of ozone to do the job at all (Dyas, Boughton, & Das, 1983). For mold growth, public health departments do not recommend using ozone generators for clean-up, saying that ozone even at high levels cannot control mold.

Here is another important point: What you might perceive as odor removal may just be facade. Odors in a room could be masked by the smell of ozone being released into the air. Many people who use ozone generators like the smell that is produced, describing it as a “clean sheet smell” or the smell of clothes fresh from the dryer (EPA, 1995).
Another Warning

Additional warning from the Australian Government:

Exposure to ozone

• Can cause eye, nose, throat and lung irritation, cough and shortness of breath.
  • May exacerbate chronic respiratory diseases such as asthma.
  • Is likely to increase hospital admissions and emergency room visits for respiratory disease.
  • Can also adversely affect indoor plants, and damage materials such as rubber, electrical wire coatings, and fabrics.

If I was Woot, I’d stay far away from selling this product- I can see it now: “I used this generator and now, it ruined my $2,000 gaming PC!” at the very least… “It caused health issues” at the very worse.

19 Likes

From the description:

120MIN TIMER FOR SAFETY CONCERNS: All ozone machines are for UNOCCUPIED space only. Set a timer before you leave the room. Ensure that no people (and also pets) in the room when it’s working. Return to the room when all residual ozone reverts back to oxygen, which costs normally 30 minutes.

I highly doubt people will follow this… this thing is like playing with fire… we tell people not to, but ultimately though curiosity or stupidity, people get burned.

8 Likes

Not only has woot not proofread this, but shipping these to CA is illegal.

Nothing is mentioned of this in the description/restrictions:

Shipping Note: Shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, and PO Boxes is not available for this item

8 Likes

Fun with numbers.

10000mg/hr = 10g/hr or 1g every six minutes, which doesn’t tell me much.

One cubic foot of air is roughly two grams. But ozone is very heavy compared to air, clocking in at about 60g per cubic foot.

So this machine takes six hours to produce a cubic foot of ozone. 360 minutes. So it would be rated at 1/360 CFM or 0.00277777 CFM.

Probably why it’s rated in mg/hr, so it can sound like a high number. Just for fun, I weigh about 160000000 mg.

I have no idea what the LD50 is for ozone inhalation and I CBA to google it right now.

I was getting ready to grab the popcorn and wait for the “this thing will kill you and everyone and everything you hold dear” comments but I see they have already started.

I have one of these that I run in the bathroom or rooms that need it every now and then, and I have a a tiny Ozone generator that I use to clean my CPAP. The only things I have killed with my Ozone generators are mold, even after a year of weekly cleanings the hose on my CPAP is still fine.

Yes, I know these can kill people and pets, and I also know that they ruin rubber and plastic, I do inspections and I properly ventilate after use.

Manufacturers warnings are adequate, we don’t need a bunch of people yelling that this will kill everyone.

9 Likes

I think you are mixing up information about “low output” ozone generators and “high output” ozone generators. Saying that they are “ineffective” is true only for the low output ones, the high output ones are very effective for a certain use. And yes, you better not breath the output of these machines, the instructions tell you to LEAVE the building when using this machine. But if you know what you are doing and what the use is, they work very well, and its use is hard to duplicate with any other method.

1 Like

Can this help ghosts manifest?

3 Likes

Awe geez, yes read the damn instructions! Ozone kills the three Ps, plants, pets, people.
Otherwise this thing works AS IT IS SUPPOSED TO! I got one last time around and it has helped tremendously. I even shipped it to NYC while working in Covid units! I would run it for an hour while at work and our apt would be aired out by the time we got home! We also could put it in a plastic box and put our work shoes in it! Nothing like coming home to the smell of lightening!!!

5 Likes

Please nobody buy this. It is not good for health.

3 Likes

Mr Billy tell us something NEW…proofread? LoL

Ok, ok, let’s stop picking on California. We need love today of all days. Deleting posts as needed.

deletesmiley1

PS: We had California excluded just didn’t note it in the shipping note.

6 Likes

This is a useful tool for a mortuary. It removes formaldehyde odor as well as other organic odors. If you’ve ever spent any time in the prep room at a mortuary, you would probably agree that these are needed tools for that trade.

1 Like

I got one of these a while back to clear the smell of smoke out of a car (previous owner was a heavy cigar smoker). It took a few cycles, but now the odor it gone. It was later used to remove the smell of a decomposing body from a house (friend’s brother passed but more than a week passed before anyone found him). Took a few cycles, but it eliminated that odor as well.

Just follow the directions and let the area air out before reentry. But it does work well.

4 Likes

Another useful purpose for this device. This is probably a staple for used car lots. It probably helps remove the stagnant water smell from cars that were flooded in the southeast storms and then hauled out west to sell.

4 Likes

Would this work well to “clean up” my crawl space? ABout 4 foot deep by 65 feet long. Obviously the house would be empty but worried about short cycles attacking the plumbing

as a rule, ozone generators typically require you LEAVE while they are run.
A disaster recovery service ran one after a family member died in their home, and we absolutely were
NOT ALLOWED IN WHILE IT RAN.
having said that, they do an excellent job of remediation of really horrible smelling things if you
needed something like that.

1 Like

@Accelerator Don’t want to open the door to political discussions today. There’s Everything But Woot for that. Thanks for understanding.

4 Likes