Alaska Gold Salmon, Your Choice

Alaska Gold Salmon, Your Choice

At $32/lb, does it have real gold in it?

2 Likes

This is our second round of AG salmon ā€œburger meatā€. Itā€™s a good value, $8.5/lb, arrives in dry ice, each pack frozen solid, clean. No bones in the meat. During pandemic, when we just want to keep the freezer stocked, itā€™s been wonderful. Also have bought directly from them (on sale) the sockeye portionsā€“excellent for a quick poached fish supper. The prices for the non-King salmon are more reasonable, also buying 10 lb direct when on sale on the site. Where I live salmon is $20/lb, halibut $30. This fish is much tastier (and better for you) than farm raised. I eat a lot of fish as it helps w/arthritis. Very efficient shipping/deliveries. Glad to see it returning on Woot. Thanks!

King salmon is special. They closed the Copper river last year to preserve the run. This year, we have covid. I easily pay $40 at our fav seafood spot for a 8 oz portion of king salmon - the taste is nothing what you get in the store. In for 5 lbs.

Youā€™ll notice that there are zero orders from the Pacific Northwest. This time of year Costco carries fresh Copper River salmon up here for $12-16 a pound. King and Coho can be found for less.

1 Like

Discovered Alaska Gold here on woot. Based on the positive reviews, I ordered the halibut and sablefish deals just to try when this pandemic started a few months ago. Since then, Iā€™ve ordered at least 30 lbs of various fish directly, including the sockeye, coho, and king salmon as well as others. The taste and quality are excellent. Great customer service.
Iā€™m landlocked in the Midwest so seafood is hit or miss, usually fairly sad, expensive, and simply stated as ā€˜salmonā€™ with no differentiation among types (except sockeye which they charge even more). Trying to find wild vs. farm-raised is also challenging. Most stores are no comparison to the quality of AG. I agree that AG has good sales when ordering direct and larger quantities offer better pricing, but in my opinion and based on my personal experience, for these 5 lb portions, the quality to price ratio is a fantastic deal. I fully support their sustainable practices and fishermanā€™s coop. All around Iā€™ve had great experiences with AG and really tasty wild, hook and line caught fish. Iā€™m glad I took a chance and am happy to see them back on woot.

1 Like

Large buy-in $$$. Taking your word on this that WD is doing us good.

1 Like

Arrived yesterday.
Looks good.

1 Like