Alaska Gold Salmon, Your Choice

Alaska Gold Salmon, Your Choice

At $32/lb, does it have real gold in it?

2 Likes

This is our second round of AG salmon “burger meat”. It’s a good value, $8.5/lb, arrives in dry ice, each pack frozen solid, clean. No bones in the meat. During pandemic, when we just want to keep the freezer stocked, it’s been wonderful. Also have bought directly from them (on sale) the sockeye portions–excellent for a quick poached fish supper. The prices for the non-King salmon are more reasonable, also buying 10 lb direct when on sale on the site. Where I live salmon is $20/lb, halibut $30. This fish is much tastier (and better for you) than farm raised. I eat a lot of fish as it helps w/arthritis. Very efficient shipping/deliveries. Glad to see it returning on Woot. Thanks!

King salmon is special. They closed the Copper river last year to preserve the run. This year, we have covid. I easily pay $40 at our fav seafood spot for a 8 oz portion of king salmon - the taste is nothing what you get in the store. In for 5 lbs.

You’ll notice that there are zero orders from the Pacific Northwest. This time of year Costco carries fresh Copper River salmon up here for $12-16 a pound. King and Coho can be found for less.

1 Like

Discovered Alaska Gold here on woot. Based on the positive reviews, I ordered the halibut and sablefish deals just to try when this pandemic started a few months ago. Since then, I’ve ordered at least 30 lbs of various fish directly, including the sockeye, coho, and king salmon as well as others. The taste and quality are excellent. Great customer service.
I’m landlocked in the Midwest so seafood is hit or miss, usually fairly sad, expensive, and simply stated as ‘salmon’ with no differentiation among types (except sockeye which they charge even more). Trying to find wild vs. farm-raised is also challenging. Most stores are no comparison to the quality of AG. I agree that AG has good sales when ordering direct and larger quantities offer better pricing, but in my opinion and based on my personal experience, for these 5 lb portions, the quality to price ratio is a fantastic deal. I fully support their sustainable practices and fisherman’s coop. All around I’ve had great experiences with AG and really tasty wild, hook and line caught fish. I’m glad I took a chance and am happy to see them back on woot.

1 Like

Large buy-in $$$. Taking your word on this that WD is doing us good.

1 Like

Arrived yesterday.
Looks good.

1 Like