Amaze-Heater 250W MINI Room Heater

Amaze-Heater 250W MINI Room Heater

I purchased a version of one of these a couple of years ago and I really wanted to like it, it’s obviously quiet and low profile so it’s not in the way but the first one I received was crushed during shipment. I got a return and installed the replacement and it worked fine but it cracked as well after about a year and this was while mounted to the wall. It was located in an area with almost no traffic so whatever it was, it wasn’t from anyone banging against it. I guess just the expansion from heating up to cooling off caused it?

All I will say is that whatever they use on the inside of these has a terrible burning electrical smell to it, mine had that terrible smell right out of the box. Plug it in outside and let it go for several hours before you install it indoors.

“Amaze-Heater 250-Watt MINI Convection Room Heater”

Yah, don’t be expecting much heat from 250 watts of power consumption. For reference, those little cube heaters or respectable blow dryers consume at least 1400 watts. It cannot produce more heat than than the power it consumes, no matter how much they wow you with phrases like “plug and play” - yah, you plug it in just like a lamp or cube fridge. :wink:

I know it’s a long shot, but is there any chance the small one could run off a backup battery?

Yes, for about 10-15 minutes with 500VA UPS. It would be more efficient to run a12V heated blanket running from 12V car battery. Then, it will probably run for 12-24 hours.