Amazon Smart Thermostat

Amazon Smart Thermostat

1 Like

Can i set my air at 68 and this not kick back on until 72? I don’t need constant cycling.

Is this ONLY controlled via phone app or can you also control at the wall unit?

1 Like

Can this control a humidifier on your system like Nest can?

Morning. All. There’s quite a bit more info about this on the Amazon page:

https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Smart-Thermostat/dp/B08J4C8871

what I found:

Device Control
Amazon Smart Thermostat doesn’t have a speaker or microphone. For voice control, use a compatible Alexa-enabled device, like an Echo (sold separately), or the Alexa app.

On-device control - 3 touch buttons on device (Temperature Up, Temperature Down, Select/Mode).

Humidifier
Q: Have carrier infinity system controlling furnace. is c wire needed? will it control humidifier?
A: No, it will not operate humidifier.

3 Likes

Yes… it’s not obvious in the photos, but you just tap the left or right areas near the bottom to adjust the temp down or up.

1 Like

That is called temperature swing or sometimes temperature differential. It looks like the swing is +/- 0.5 degrees F on this model and it cannot be adjusted.

If that is the case, people who live in extremely hot or cold climates might want to avoid this thermostat. It could cause your HVAC system to cycle on and off too often.

Is this new or refurbished?

1 Like

Hi there. Amazon marks it as “used”

2 Likes

I have two of these. I absolutely love them. They control my two ac units only (heat is seperate) they have been flawless. My ac is set at 74 and although the device does make a slight click when is calls for the ac to engage my temp has remained at 74 all day and night. my old stat wouid have such a long delay between cycles the house would fluctuate 5-10 degrees at a time.
I beleave I paid around $59 for one and prime day around $50.
yes you just tap the device to adjust tgemp and the app is very vdery easy to use and check temp AND humidity when ot at home.
hope that helps.

Exactly what i wanted. Recommendations? I don’t even need it to be smart.

1 Like

The Ecobee SmartThermostat has a differential setting of up to 3 degrees I think, you should double check before purchasing. I can recommend that thermostat assuming you have a compatible forced air system.

Can someone explain further why you would want a temp differential? It drove us nuts to have that on our mitsu mini splits. (Was fixed with remote temp/humidity sensors.) If you want it warmer or cooler why wouldn’t you just change the temp? If everything is properly sized it shouldn’t be doing too much work to hold it at whatever temp you want. (Unless you want it downright frigid.)

Cycling is what eats up your energy. If your unit isn’t sized properly IE too large it’ll kick on and off. Cheaper to run it longer.

No idea if mine is the correct size. It’s new construction. Mine kicks off snd on top frequently. I’m trying to have it at 68 and let it run up. My fans are on, so it doesnt get stuffy right away. If it kicked on at 73 that’d be great.

Workaround. I live in HOT climate. The no differential/swing setting was a no go. Using the Alexa app and routines, bracket it. i.e. 79 set to 85, 82 set to 75. When temp hits 82 it lowers it. When temp hits 79 it raises it. So it is set to swing 2 degrees. 80-82. The issue comes when you want to change it, you have to have multiple routines…i.e. wife factor fail.