American Lifetime 8" Day Clock

American Lifetime 8" Day Clock

Is it TUESDAY MORNING?

For those of us who work nights, ‘what day is it’ can be kind of slippery. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m actually considering buying one of these. It looks like it’s an e-ink thing in the pictures…

1 Like

Traditional clocks can be confusing, especially for the elderly, people with vision impairment, and children. People who are struggling with dementia, memory loss, Alzheimer’s, vision problems, and other degenerative diseases.

Today I learned that children are degenerative diseases. Thanks Woot!

1 Like

I bought one of these for my mother who has dementia and it was very calming and useful for her. The frame looks a bit cheap but the screen is crystal clear and simple, with several ways to set it up and adjust it. Easy to set up. This is a good price, they gouge you on “memory care” products I’ve found.

2 Likes

Yeah, I use an iPad 3 which does basically the same thing… alarm clock and so on with the best feature being a long life battery for the random power outage

Mind sharing what app you use on the iPad?

1 Like

I just use the basic clock/alarm/timer app but I was thinking about getting a better alarm app because the alarm noises are not very good… I don’t like waking up to a beep and most of the Apple noises are beeps… plus the snooze alarm is not adjustable (that I know of). The basic alarm app is functional but lacks adjustability in general

Haven’t done any research yet though but it would be nice to be able to set the alarm volume independently from the actual iPad volume just in case I turn the volume down or off

I saw this and the description said 8" display so I was thinking about it for our aunt with macular degeneration. Did a little research and found that the display is about 4 1/2 inches high. That means the letters it won’t be readable for her. She has other clocks with 3 inch LED digits that she can read but they don’t display the day of the week, and she gets confused about what day it is sometimes. (She also has a talking clock that gives the day but I thought one on all the time would be nice.)

anyone know if the power adapter is 100-240v? Thanks

It’s 8 inch diagonal. Not deceptive much?

Hello Stanley,

I am sorry that you feel that way, it’s common practice for screens to be measured diagonally.

Happy Sunday!

Sam
American Lifetime

1 Like

Hello,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

Our clocks do work on 220v, so all you need is an adapter. You do not need a converter.

Sam

Customer Service @ American Lifetime

1 Like

Got one for my 83 year old grandmother. It is a huge stress reliever to her. She has no issues seeing the screen from across a 15 foot room and says many times it is one of her favorite gifts.

2 Likes

Wow, what a clearance steal, you can save a whole $1.65 if you use you’re Amazon Prime login. That doesn’t sound like much of a clearance saving to me.

I don’t know of any screen that is NOT measured diagonally.

In soviet russia, screen measured by how much screen it is.

1 Like

Lol, yeah, TV and monitor screens. The only size that should matter with a clock is the size of the digits.

You can adjust it to remove the ‘morning’, ‘evening’, etc. I just tried it, and the clock digits, at least, seem larger (though I didn’t actually measure them.

“Diagonal” is how most electronic screens are measured. When you see a TV that says it’s 55",do you think it’s 55" tall?