Apple AirPods Max Headphones

Apple AirPods Max Headphones

Hard pass. They can keep collecting dust on the warehouse shelf where they belong until Apple comes back down to reality and prices them at 299 where they should be.

15 Likes

They can keep collecting dust on the warehouse shelf where they belong until Apple comes back down to reality and prices them at 299 where they should be.

Like the original HomePod? Agreed 100%. Apple seems to be pricing their newer audio equipment waay too high for the features (or lack thereof).

2 Likes

How do these compare to the Bose QC700 and Sony WH-1000XMs that can be found for less than half the price?

• Apple-designed dynamic driver provides high-fidelity audio
  • Transparency mode for hearing and interacting with the world around you
  • Apple-designed dynamic driver provides high-fidelity audio
  • Transparency mode for hearing and interacting with the world around you

Great job listing the features twice…

Do these have Apple-designed dynamic driver that provides high-fidelity audio or a Transparency mode for hearing and interacting with the world around you?

1 Like

They don’t look transparent to me.

4 Likes

I bought a pair of these a few weeks ago and used them in 2 trips. They are VERY good- great sound, great noise cancellation, and great integration with Apple devices. In the end though, I ended up returning them. For all the pluses, I couldn’t get past the two big downsides- their weight and cost. These are heavy. They’re well built, but you really feel the weight on your head after a while. They also made my ears sweat. Add to that the cost (I paid about $500), it wasn’t worth it compared to my NC700’s. I ended up back with the Bose.

4 Likes

The general consensus is you’re better off getting the Sony’s unless you’re a super big apple enthusiast.

Those can also be used with a 3.5 mm headphone jack when they’re out of batteries. And they have a power button and they’re not forced to use this stupid case that looks like a bra in order to turn off.

I think Apple just overpriced these headphones. Especially considering they don’t even get the lossless audio on Apple music.

2 Likes

I’m all in on the upcoming Bose QC45’s myself.

The QC35’s are the absolute comfort kings and I’m really happy Bose didn’t seem to stray too much from that design (based upon the leaks)

LOL. I fixed it.

1 Like

Not only do these have Apple-designed dynamic driver that provides high-fidelity audio or a Transparency mode for hearing and interacting with the world around you, but they ALSO have Apple-designed dynamic driver that provides high-fidelity audio or a Transparency mode for hearing and interacting with the world around you!

1 Like

HA HA HA! that sounds really good!

1 Like

One man’s opinion: I don’t think they are worth $550 for most people, but I do think they are much better than the latest Bose QCs or Sonys (which I’ve also owned), especially if you are in the Apple eco system. They have the best sound of any BT headphones I have tried, their noise cancelling is at a minimum equal to the other leading contenders, and while they are heavier the headband web design makes them feel much lighter on my head. I think that for Apple people $450 is a reasonable price point given the audio quality/integration and for non Apple people I would guess $350-$400 is the sweet spot.

2 Likes

No Bluetooth device is going to do lossless. If you want lossless, you’ve got to go hard-wired.

2 Likes

This is insane! A pair of top-shelf Sennheiser or Beyerdynamic cans can be bought for half this price!! Talk about fleecing the iSheep…