Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max (Your Choice)

Can you purchase apple care on this iphone 12 pro max.

2 Likes

No, not eligible.

1 Like

Many of other Apple refurbs on woot are Guaranteed to have at least 85% battery life. Do these also carry that same assurance? Or will this be 95%?

1 Like

I see the guarantee box on the listing page. :slightly_smiling_face:

(Please note: I don’t work for Woot, I just volunteer to help out here on the forums.)

2 Likes

Recieved mine a day early (yay!) however I am pretty disappointed in the condition it arrived in. (Boo!) It was dirty and has a pretty significant slice across the screen that can be felt, and still visible when the phone is on. There’s a pretty big abrasion on one corner as well. I would probably rate this as FAIR on Backmarket, but they also might have rejected it. Considering the price was between “GOOD” and “Excellent”. Backmarket and Glyde used to rate the phones’ batteries at 85%/90%/95% for the 3 grades as well, but they don’t do that anymore. Maybe it was 80/85/90, but now everything is 85% it seems.

This phone’s Battery health is at 83% so it’s not even up to the level stated on the page. Also the same level that my SE 2020 is at and that phone is telling me to replace the battery which is why I bought this in the first place…

2 Likes

If you’re unhappy with it, please contact customer support. They’ll have some options for you.

I did that as well… Waiting for a response. The phone has a label on it that says B, so I think I got a grade B instead of a grade A. If it’s a simple mixup at the refurbisher or the warehouse, that’s understandable…

We shall see what options they provide.

2 Likes

Waste of time. Waited forever to get it, battery was not as promised, and the bottom corner was obviously torn up from a drop. Whoever is supplying these phones to Woot is blowing it for them. Not Grade A. That’s a scratch and dent and worth at least $100 less. They must think Woot customers are idiots. And I’m still waiting for return labels for this item and the Apple keyboard which was chewed up too and not scratch/dent free as promised.

1 Like

I think this is a trend with this supplier. Trying to pass off Grade B as Grade A. I expect a Grade A to be pretty damn perfect.

2 Likes

Ugh. Make sure you let Customer Service know. They do track these things.

1 Like

Which IOS does the iPhone come with?

Not sure but it can update to the latest iOS version.

much like other commenters i received mine. Bought 2 as my wife needs a phone as well. There are noticable dings/dents on the corners as if it were dropped. A ding on the edge of one camera, and a light scratch on one of the screens. I know these are used but when the refurbished glossary on woot says that grada A is as close to new as you can get without being new, then me getting two separate phones both with noticable dings and dents doesn’t feel right.

They were also not cleaned properly, the speaker above the screen is noticable dirty on both and sounds distorted. I know distortion may occur with blocked up dirty speakers so it may just be dirty and not a hardware issue, but it sounds terrible.

I have complained and will send woot pictures once they respond. The phone itself seems to function though, at least so far in my very limited testing.

1 Like

What part of the phone label says B? I’m trying to check the ones i got.

On mine there is a sticker on the back with qr code and next to that says 22B but that is all i see. wonder if that means grade b. I see no indication anywhere showing an A on the box or sticker on the phone. The rest is just the model number of the phone sticker

2 Likes

Just realized i never checked the battery health on these yet. 1 iphone barely passes at 86% (85 or more advertised) and the 2nd iphone does not pass and has less than advertised at 81%.

Who supplied Woot with these phones? Nothing matches. They are dinged, dented, dirty speakers, low battery, scratch on screen. I would be fine if I knowingly paid for a grade B scratch and dent, but i paid a grade A Price.

We’ll see what they do but I’d be happy if they either replace with actual grade A or give a partial refund down to Grade B pricing, because what we got is not at all what was advertised.

I also received this IPhone 12 Pro Max, extremely disappointed with the condition of the phone. My phone has 22c on the back. Does this mean it a Grade C? I was expecting near perfect conditions, however this looks like a significantly used items with lots of rough edges from falls!

Hi there. sorry about the condition. Reach out to Woot! Customer Service. To speed things up, let them know if you prefer a return/refund or a replacement (if possible).

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

Please allow 24-48h for them to respond.

Mine says 22B and appears to be a grade B based on Woots Refurb Glossary Refurbs! A Glossary

Lots of dings, dents, and scratches and was very dirty. Also check your battery health in the battery settings. One of the ones we got was less than 85%

That glossary does not show a grade c though. Also woot support says 24 - 48 hours response but i am still waiting and I emailed last week. Maybe delay because of the Christmas holiday, so I hope they respond soon.

As you guessed, this is a busy season for Woot CS, so there can be delays as they go through the backlog.

(Please note: I don’t work for Woot, I just volunteer to help out here on the forums.)

1 Like

Thanks for the reminder about the accounts. I have been waiting for a response for almost 2 weeks, so I will check all of my junk inboxes. Even if I got the listings mixed up and this particular wave of phones wasn’s specifically listed as Grade A, it was definitely a refurb and not an S&D sale. Regardless, the 83% battery health is unacceptable, as is the slash across the screen that catches fingernails.

Phone hillariously still has Apple Care + for the next week, but I can’t use it without personally knowing the previous owner to sign it over to me. I guess that makes the phone just under 2 years old. Definitely should have gotten a replacement battery.