Apple Watch Series 5

Apple Watch Series 5

Picture says “Apple Warranty,” but description says 90 day Woot warranty. Which is it for open box?

Throw this into the mix:

Listen up! These Apple Watches are in New-Open Box condition. These are customer returns within 30 days of purchase, they will come with at least 60 days remaining of the original Apple warranty, and will be packaged in their original Apple accessories & packaging.

Bought a brand new Apple Watch 5 in the Spring, owned it for 70, first time I went swimming, the watch band broke. They refused to honor their warranty and I was out 400. Buyer beware with the watch product, Even Apple doesn’t support it!

I’m going to roll the dice here again.
TWICE I have ordered Apple Watches from Woot and TWICE I was sent the wrong model.
The product descriptions say one thing and the pictures say another. Hopefully third time is a charm and I’m sent the right device.

I don’t blame Woot directly for these issues because with many of these deals, it’s not them providing product but a 3rd party partner. Hopefully they have their act together this time :crossed_fingers:t2:

Apple says you can add AppleCare+ ($79) within 60 days of purchase. AppleInsider recently reported that’s about to be expanded to a year (https://appleinsider.com/articles/20/08/17/apple-expands-applecare-purchase-window-from-60-days-to-one-year)—in other words, you would be able to add AC+ any time within the original 1 year warranty.

I have no idea if either of the above applies to these Woot open box resales, or only to the original purchaser.

Can you add AppleCare to these after purchase?

Hi there. That would be up to Apple.

RE: Warranty

Because the Apple warranty would likely be less than 90 days, we included the 90-day warranty as well.

As ThunderThighs said, it’s up to Apple. I took my airpods in back in January as they were acting up. The Genius/Tech asked if I wanted to add Apple Care and I took them up on the offer.
I’ve also been able to add it to devices remotely through the Apple Support app on my iPhone. Just ask the agent and see what they say

Ugh. Again Woot. Three times now, it’s been a bait and switch.

Here is the Apple Watch Series 5 GPS + Cellular, 44mm Space Black Stainless Steel on Apple’s Website
https://store.storeimages.cdn-apple.com/4982/as-images.apple.com/is/MTPL2_VW_34FR+watch-44-stainless-spacegray-cell-5s_VW_34FR_WF_CO?wid=1400&hei=1400&trim=1,0&fmt=p-jpg&qlt=80&op_usm=0.5,0.5&.v=1566419577479,1567126765737

Here is the Apple Watch Series 5 Space Gray - GPS + Cellular 44mm image on your own website

The same product is depicted but I was sent an aluminum model.
This is the third time and third Apple watch where this has happened. Come on Woot, What is going on?!

Hi there. I’m very sorry. I’ve sent a note to the electronics team.

In the meantime, reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

No go when trying to add Apple Care…

Same here to add Apple Care but the watch is covered until June 1 2021