Aqua Joe 100-Ft. Hybrid Polymer Kink-Free Hose

Aqua Joe 100-Ft. Hybrid Polymer Kink-Free Hose

1 Like

“the manufacturer informed me that this model is NOT lead-free despite the fact that the product page …”, “Actually only 60 feet”, reviews on HD. & it also says that this product is no longer being made… similar price on Walmart. Amazon page does have a prop 65 warning.
Was going to try because of warranty but looks like it has aluminum fittings and those totally melts onto faucets making it nearly impossible to remove, so far, any tips how to get aluminum fittings off of faucet when seems like they have Welded together?

1 Like

The Aqua Joe site states that it’s Lead Free.

2 Likes

Just going to throw this out there, I know it’s buying an additional thing to solve the aluminum issue you are having, but I’ve been using these quick connects for the connection to the house and at the other end of the hose, and it’s kind of nice, especially in the late fall when I’m disconnecting them after every use. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SGFV92D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

3 Likes

looks good if they work well but then do you keep the hose with the aluminum fittings on the quick connect end all the time? won’t those two fittings fuse, together, unless you want to unscrew that all the time, which Defeats the purpose of the quick connect thing.

1 Like

I just discovered I have this exact problem. Basically you have to hacksaw the aluminum fitting just enough …not enough to damage the faucet threads… so that you can pry into the cutting and loosen it until it comes off. I looked at a number of Youtube vids the other day and this is what I’m going to try (you can also use a Dremel-type rotary saw tool if you have one, which could be faster):

2 Likes

so I can’t do what ai suggested, which was use something like WD-40? how about try to soak the joint in vinegar?(Couldn’t see video on this device, have to get go elsewhere.) here is what ai suggested: 1. heat source like a hair dryer or a heat gun to gently warm the connection area between the hose and the spigot: If heat alone doesn’t work, you may need to use pliers or a wrench to carefully twist the hose counterclockwise. Avoid using excessive force, as this could damage the spigot or the hose.
2. Lubricate the connection: Applying a lubricant like WD-40 or a silicone-based lubricant to the connection point can help reduce friction and make it easier to remove the hose.
3. Tap the hose connection: Using a rubber mallet or a piece of wood, gently tap the hose connection where it meets the spigot. This can help break the bond between the two materials… or or seek professional help.

1 Like

My (non-expert) understanding from what I’ve read is that the problem is galvanic corrosion, which is an electrochemical chemical reaction between the two dissimilar metals, and things like WD-40, lubricants, etc., that may work in other “sticky situations” cannot fix that.

2 Likes

Hose description is kink shaming.

2 Likes