ASUS ROG Strix G17 17.3" Gaming Laptop

ASUS ROG Strix G17 17.3" Gaming Laptop

I don’t care how big it is. $900 for a RTX 3050 is insulting.

It’s got a nice processor and a reasonable amount of ram … I don’t find it that insulting …

Agree to disagree.

Here’s a laptop at Micro Center, same graphics, same RAM, same storage, better processor, and $570 new.

Here’s a laptop at Amazon, same graphics, same RAM, same storage, comparable processor, and $540 refurbished.

Here’s a laptop at Newegg, better graphics (RTX 4050), same RAM, same storage, better processor, and $800 new.

Here’s a laptop at Best Buy, better graphics (RTX 4050), same RAM, same storage, newer (albeit slightly slower/lower power) processor, and $750 new.

There are a variety of better laptops to be had at this price point. It’s insulting for this to be marketed as a “deal”.

All yours examples are 15" not 17. The cheapest fully comparable laptop i can see,a ll specs considered, is https://www.newegg.com/mecha-gray-asus-tuf-gaming-f17-fx707zc-es53/p/N82E16834236440 which is $921 and thats still ddr4 instead of ddr5

Not saying a 3050 is a good price, but i don’t think you can fully match this laptop at the same price all things considered.

Watch this before wasting your money and expecting any form of customer support.