Baetje Farms Spring Cheese, 4 Pack

Baetje Farms Spring Cheese, 4 Pack

1 Like

1 - Coeur Du Clos-14.1 oz., $25 Baetje website (Out of Stock)

1 - Bloomsdale-6.1 oz., $15 Baetje website

1 - Coeur de la Creme Plain-5 oz., $10 Baetje website

1 - Coeur de la Creme Cranberry & Orange-5 oz., $12 Baetje website

The cost directly from Baetje would appear to be $62 with free shipping on purchases of $50 or more, making the $87 list price a little bit of an exaggeration. However, the Coueur du Clos is not currently available. There are some other cheeses available from Baetje Farms. They also have a special on six hearts for $50 (You specify the number and type from a choice of 5 varieties.)

2 Likes

How are these shipped? What is the shipping speed and is there any cooling medium and insulation?

4 Likes

I love a stinky cheese. I buy the big brie from Sams Club, cut it into quarters and seal it in tupperware for a couple months in the fridge. The rind gets soft and stinky and oh-so-good. I have no idea why this works.

2 Likes

From the vendor:

The Coeur du Clos is coming out of aging tomorrow and is only available for Woot Customers during this time.

Generally, shipping is $25 and free for orders $75 and over. So $62 for cheese plus $25 for shipping, is the $87!

The cheese is shipped two day and comes insulated with ice packs.

———-

They had a special shipping promotion to move some cheese that they forgot to end. The shipping above is their standard shipping.

4 Likes

Thanks for clarifying. Still a lot of cheddar for some cheese. Worth it I’m sure. Afraid I wouldn’t be able to consume it all before it spoiled. Maybe throw in a foodsaver? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love these cheeses- Baetje sets up a stand a my local farmers market so I get them a few times a year. Delicious stuff.

2 Likes

this cheese is legit. totally hand made, start to finish.

2 Likes

namzaps : I love a stinky cheese. I buy the big brie from Sams Club, cut it into quarters and seal it in tupperware for a couple months in the fridge. The rind gets soft and stinky and oh-so-good. I have no idea why this works.

You must love it when you cut the cheese.

2 Likes

I keep reading this as “string cheese” and then I get disappointed.

1 Like

www.localharvest.org will let every one of you seek out local cheese (and farms/meat/produce/dairy) for your area. While I do enjoy an occasional SeaHive, I still like to go local

1 Like

I find old Brie and blue cheeses usually develop an overpowering ammonia odor. Is there a trick to avoiding the ammonia odor or is it an acquired taste?

1 Like

Are the prices less expensive when bought locally? Are you relatively close to their facility?

1 Like

I’m just worried where I can safely ship it to.

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying. I’d love to try their Beer Washed Vallée, Miette and Amoureux (Out of Stock), but I went ahead and ordered the Woot deal for now. You didn’t have to remind them to cancel the free shipping on $50 or more offer. Their $50 special on six hearts in any available flavor and the Beer Washed Vallée would satisfy the $75 for their normal free shipping offer.

1 Like

That’s what I can’t figure out, if I sensed ammonia I would be unable to eat it. It was in Lock’n’Lock container wrapped in the original celophane that it came in.

1 Like

I do live reasonably close to their farm, and I think the farmers market prices are the same as posted on the web site.