Bee's Wrap, Bread Wrap Single 17 x 23

Bee's Wrap, Bread Wrap Single 17 x 23

I’ve always wanted to try this stuff. Anyone have experience with it? Also curious to know if it can be cut into smaller pieces without destroying the integrity of the wrap.

2 Likes

I think I’m kind of jazzed about the bee wrap.

I like mine, but haven’t tried to cut them. I use mine for cheese & the odd veggie that didn’t get entirely chopped for the meal.

1 Like

$8 for a piece of cloth rubbed in bee’s wax? Just one? Is it magical? How about listing some reason i would buy this thing?

4 Likes

When I briefly looked at this, only half paying attention I read bee’s WAP. Thank you Cardi B.

2 Likes

They list a few.

• TRUST WHAT YOU WRAP YOUR FOOD IN. Since 2012, our reusable food wraps have been handcrafted in Vermont, using our customized process, giving you the highest quality, industry leading beeswax wraps.
  • SUSTAINABLE, NATURAL ALTERNATIVE to plastic wrap, wrapping paper, and bags for bread storage. Wrap up homemade bread, cover a casserole dish, or use as a handy baking mat for kneading dough or rolling out a pie crust. It also makes a great, unique kitchen gift for bread lovers!
  • WASHABLE, REUSABLE, & COMPOSTABLE. Use the warmth of your hands to soften the wrap and form over a bowl, container, or piece of food. As the bees wax paper wrap cools, it creates a seal and stores food naturally. Wash in cool water with mild soap and air dry.
  • ECO-FRIENDLY INGREDIENTS. Made of organic cotton, sustainably harvested bees wax, organic jojoba oil, and tree resin. Bee’s Wrap fabric and printing are certified by the Global Organic Textile Standard, and our packaging is made from 100% recycled paper and biodegradable cellulose.
  • SIMPLE, BEAUTIFUL, PRACTICAL. Includes 1 large bread wrap measuring 17" x 23" in our classic Honeycomb Print. Bee’s Wrap is Green-America Certified, and committed to using our business as a vehicle for social change.

https://www.amazon.com/Bees-Wrap-Reusable-Friendly-Sustainable/dp/B01CRD4XH8

2 Likes

Question:

Can this product be cut into smaller pieces, or are the edges sealed and prevent this?

Answer:

We don’t recommend that customers cut their wrap, as you can always “over-fold” it around a bowl or piece of food if it’s too big. However, if you are finding you really want a custom size, you can cut your wrap, as it won’t affect the quality. Please be aware, the edges might begin to fray.
By Bee’s Wrap SELLER on August 1, 2018

https://www.amazon.com/Bees-Wrap-Reusable-Friendly-Sustainable/dp/B01CRD4XH8?tag=woot

1 Like

Because people will buy anything if you tell them what they want to hear :joy:

2 Likes

They work really well for keeping breads fresh longer. Specifically I bake my own sourdough loaves and waxed cloths (I have some from Trader Joe’s, but not this brand specifically) have been the absolute best way to store fresh and cut loaves. It prevents them from drying out and getting stale too quickly, and as long as you don’t wrap the bread while it’s warm it doesn’t collect moisture and speed up mold like plastic zip lock bags tend to do. The wax keeps the wrap stiff and in place around any shape, and it cleans easily with dish soap and water. I’m sure there are other uses but for fresh bread I use nothing else these days.

3 Likes

Thanks for that idea, bread! Hadn’t tried it for that…

I got a couple of 3 piece packs that have different sizes. I really like using it when it suits. It isn’t meant for covering hot food so that is one drawback. It works great for half a fruit or veggie. Also keeps a sandwich from drying out. The trick is to gently warm it with your hands as you are forming it around the item to create a better seal. Hand wash them with cold/cool water.
Also try the reusable ziplock bags if you find them. I am obsessed with those.

2 Likes

Thank you!

I got two packs of a different kind that came with 3 sizes mostly out of curiosity. I haven’t had plastic wrap in my house in over a decade because I can taste it on food. I usually just use bowls or foil.

Anyway, I use wraps all the time. They are useful for cut veggies (like cucumber), bread, cheese, herbs (during the heat wave and now with the smoke I’m keeping them in the fridge and they don’t seem to wilt the same way if I wrap them up). My only complaint is if it’s warm in the room when I’m handling them my hands get sticky. During the heat wave I stored them in the fridge (it was 92f in my apartment for several days). But otherwise I find them useful. I am interested in trying to make my own eventually.

I’ve been using the set I have now for about 6 months and they’re still waxy.

2 Likes

Wow… This is new to me!! Hey I got lots for sale on Mars!!

So does Groupon :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like