Best sugar cereal?

When I was a kid, my parents only very, very rarely bought sugary cereals. In hindsight, it was clearly and obviously for my own health and the right thing to do… but I felt quite deprived, especially when all of my friends (it seemed) had those cereals, all of the time. However, on one of those extremely rare occasions, my parents bought a box of Boo Berry cereal. I was probably about 3 or 4 years old… I thought that it was the most amazing thing I had ever tasted, and that vivid memory stuck in my head, to this day. Now, so many years later, it’s only produced seasonally. So, once a year, I still buy a box every fall when it shows up on the shelves. I even allow my own boy (who’s about 3, now) to share it with me, now (and make him suffer throughout the rest of the year with healthier foods that are good for him). :wink:

1 Like

As a kid we ate many different cereals: Life, Trix, Cheerios, Frosted Flakes, Cap’n Crunch, Sugar Smacks, Honey Comb.

The cereal’s Life and Cheerios became snacks because they tasted good without milk.

I’d say whatever coupon my mom had at the time is what we ate.

The grown up me eats Chocolate Frosted Flakes and Frosted Mini-wheats without milk; Cheerios and Life cereal is still a snack.

This line makes me think of the movie Mommy Dearest. Lol

Raisin Bran is great! It’s not as sweet as the RB Crunch.
I was just listing the sweetest cereal I’ll eat.
I also like to add my wife’s homemade granola to Raisin Bran or I’ll chop up a date into it.

2 Likes

Ah, gotcha! :+1:
(Tell me about it, I’m addicted to dates. Ate a whole box one day while baking…)

1 Like

Don’t worry. I was just kidding. He’s definitely not suffering.

1 Like

Cocoa Krispies and some melted chocolate chips in with the marshmallow, mmm!!

Bacon wrapped dates!!! :drooling_face: :drooling_face:

1 Like

Anyone following the saga of the shrimp tails in cinnamon toast crunch on Twitter? The company tried to pass it off as just cinnamon and sugar

I have to vote with Neal Stephenson and say Cap’n C.

“The nuggets themselves are pillow-shaped and vaguely striated to echo piratical treasure chests. But then, Cap’n Crunch in a flake form would be suicidal madness; it would last about as long, when immersed in milk, as snowflakes sifting down into a deep fryer.”

It’s spelled “Froot Loops”.

toast pt GIF

1 Like

Fruity pebbles!

I could eat Life for life.

Colon Blow

3 Likes

Sugar Pops!

1 Like

Not a Fruity Pebbles fan, but saw this today, and thought of this thread (new item coming this spring):

1 Like

Cocoa Puffs! So don’t touch my Cocoa Puffs I can’t eat without it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::brown_heart::monkey: