BLACK+DECKER 5-Cup Coffeemaker

BLACK+DECKER 5-Cup Coffeemaker

I have owned two Black and Decker coffee makers and they are an excellent value. I have also owned expensive models by Cuisinart and Braun and after about 6 months they start burning the coffee. And they also require expensive filters.

The Black and Decker is very simple and brews excellent coffee. Highly recommend.

This doesn’t look like it has a plate to keep it hot under it. It looks like it will make coffee and then any cups after will need to be nuked

It looks like it does based on the manual.

1 Like

Agree.

1 Like

Thanks for checking that. I looked at the last picture and didn’t look like a heating plate.

Received mine, but I’m disappointed that it DOES NOT have the ‘Sneak-a-cup’ feature included in the ad copy. It’s a fairly standard feature on coffee makers, usually a flap that snaps shut over the drain hole if you remove the carafe. This c-maker has only a hole - nothing to stop the flow.

1 Like

I’m very sorry. I’ll let the buyer know about that. In the meantime, feel free to reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

1 Like

Hi there. We checked in with the vendor. It’s done by magic:

To use the Sneak-a-Cup feature, the user just needs to remove the carafe, pour their cup, and then replace the carafe on the warmer. There is a spring type action that closes off the drip while you sneak your cup of coffee. The most to come out of the machine, when you remove the carafe is half a drip. The drip feature ceases when the pot is removed. I hope this helps.

1 Like

Thanks for the update, but there’s no such magic here! There’s no spring or any mechanism on the one I received. There are two clear holes where the carafe meets the maker. Nothing to impede the flow of liquid if the brew cup has coffee in it and you remove the carafe. I did it twice with water and it comes right on out!

Here’s a picture of the brew cup. The maker has a much larger opening, so nothing there.

1 Like

I’ve done a few minutes research, and this maker either wasn’t designed with the sneak-a-cup feature or it wasn’t installed. I’m attaching an image from B&D with a carafe and basket. The carafe has a raised bump to make contact with a corresponding plug on the bottom of the basket. You can see that the basket has a plug on the inside and not just a hole. Compare it what I received with an indented hole on the carafe - the opposite - and just a hole in the basket. Whether it’s just the one I received or the whole lot, I don’t know.

no-plug

Hi there. Good research. Please reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.