BlendJet 2 Portable Cordless Blender

I’m still waiting for my replacement also!

4 Likes

also…i have a vitamix at home and bought the blendjet to travel with so i could make my protein smoothies when away. I thought it did fine with that (frozen blueberries processed fine)

4 Likes

Sounds like this little guy is a far cry from the beasts that reduced iPhones to toxic dust back in the day.

5 Likes

Classic Tv Junk GIF by Sony Pictures Television

5 Likes

Same here. Was underwhelmed before the recall as well. Just buy a blender.

3 Likes

We already have a big Blendtec, which is built like a tank and has been a workhorse for us for several years. She wanted the BlendJet for the portability and for when she only wants to make a smaller quantity. What we’ve settled on is to use the big guy to make the smoothies, put it into the BlendJet to carry and add a little extra whizzing later in the day.

We’ll see what the replacements are able to do when they eventually get here.

3 Likes

RE: Recall

All required parts were replaced as part of the refurbishment.

5 Likes

OK, let’s put some things to rest here. Since Blend Jet is a portable blender comparing it to anything other than the category of portable blenders simply misses the mark and is silly. Since Vitamix has been considered the industries platinum unit for decades let’s keep this out of the conversation. Also, not all Vitamix units are the same - some are way better than other models. NOW, as far as BlendJet is concerned - if you use proper technique and balance your ingredients it’s one of the best probables by far on the market, but you need to know how to use it for it to be maximally beneficial. ALSO, let’s also put to rest that it leaves chunks or cannot chop frozen fruit - comments like this are left by folks who simply don’t use the techniques necessary to optimum function. Not only are the balance of ingredients crucial, the order you put them into the blender is what makes this blender a total success - although the internal charge could be longer. Technique for rich smooth cold luscious smoothies:

1. Start with the liquid - fill 1/3 to 1/2 container.
  2. Any powders and nut butters.
  3. Frozen Fruits (tip - skin your bananas, chop them and freeze them - ice cubes waters down your smoothie - you can put fresh bananas in, too but I prefer 1/2 an avocado to make smooth and rich.
  4. Don’t over fill container. Over time you will figure out the best balances.

After 100’s of smoothies with Blend Jet I’ve never had a single chunk. If BlendJet stops it’s either because it’s too thick or the battery has no juice. If too thick add liquid - you may have to remove a table spoon or two to get more liquid in. ALWAYS put liquid in first. Be realistic - this is an ADVANCED portable blender. Most other portable battery blender manufacturers CAME AFTER BlendJet and are inferior for the same price or more. BlendJet customer support is almost as good as Apple support.

5 Likes

Except the charging cable, apparently. But I’m sure I have something.

1 Like

It finally arrived. It blends my water and meal replacement powder well, but cleaning is more of a hassle than I expected. Water gets stuck inside both silicone rings and you have to take them out to dry, unless you don’t mind mold growing in there :frowning_face:

2 Likes

A bit disappointed in this unit. The low price made it a gamble I was willing to take, but was hoping it would be better.

I was able to blend up a fresh banana in milk with some PB no problem.

Tried some frozen strawberries, mango and pineapple chunks and it just seemed to hold up reasonably well. The motor would seize up a little. I had to start it a few times, turn it on its side, etc.

Now the darned thing won’t even cut up frozen fruit that had been thawed. The slightest bit of resistance on the blade seems to make it lock up.

Really liked the idea of a personal on the go blender for smoothies in the morning for breakfast. This just didn’t last for me.

Looking into a ninja now.

2 Likes

Received it today. It arrived damaged because they sent it in the retail box,not even in a padded envelope, just like you would see it on a store shelf. Also, there was no USB cable included. Bottom part of base had a piece break off and was laying inside the box. Will probably be returning it.

3 Likes

Probably!?!?

Send that travesty back!

2 Likes

Tested it and it leaks where the bottom screws onto the base. Arrows are lined up and even twisting it as tight as possible it continues to leak. Silicone seal does not appear damaged and looks to lay completely flat but water still gets under it. I have requested a return.

2 Likes

how’s that blendjet stock performing??

1 Like