BlendJet 2 Portable Cordless Blender

BlendJet 2 Portable Cordless Blender

Re: Recall - All required parts were replaced as part of the refurbishment.

6 Likes

I swear Woot! was looking at my search history on Amazon. I think Blendjet is doing a good job gatekeeping these off Amazon because I was just looking for one of these and can only find knockoffs on the mothership. Stores like :dart: is the only store where I could buy this in person. Iā€™m in for one regardless if itā€™s a refurb.

13 Likes

A few months they recalled a series of these due to faulty design that had the potential to result in explosions/fire/etc. They offered a free replacement upon ā€˜proof of destructionā€™ (you had to cut apart the plastic ring that keeps the watertight seal). After about two months Iā€™m still waiting for my replacement ā€“ coincidentally enough they offered the choice of only black and mint like the colors featured here.

Iā€™m assuming these might be some of the faulty ones that underwent some kind of fix.

[MOD: All required parts were replaced as part of the refurbishment. ]

18 Likes

BlendJet Recalls 4.8 Million BlendJet 2 Portable Blenders Due to Fire and Laceration Hazards | CPSC.gov.

[MOD: All required parts were replaced as part of the refurbishment. ]

17 Likes

I have been waiting for a replacement for my faulty one since January.

9 Likes

Portable margaritas. Tailgate parties, poolside, you name it.

7 Likes

Weā€™ve been waiting for our replacements, too (bought the two-pack at Costco). Last communication was a while ago, when they said that the replacements were slightly delayed. Havenā€™t heard a word since.

My wife wasnā€™t happy with these to begin with - they had a lot of trouble doing smoothies. Couldnā€™t deal with the ice or chunks of frozen fruit. Way under-powered. Hope the replacements (whenever they get here) are at least a little bit better.

14 Likes

Maybe itā€™s time your wife moved up to a vitamin blender. They are the king but the blendjet (I have both Vitamix/Blendjet) is good at what it does best and that is small amounts, on the go. The trick to get a blendjet to blend frozen stuff is to start it with the blendjet totally horizontal, that way gravity isnā€™t stopping the show. I love making malted milk with my blendjet instead of the vitamix because of the smaller portion but, I usebHagen-Dasz peanut butter chocolate ice cream and if I try to put too much in at a time, itā€™s no-go so, I start off with 6 ounces milk, 2 tablespoons powdered malted milk then after blending the malt powder I start adding ice cream, but little bits at a time, and keep the blendjet horizontal, thatā€™s the key. Basically you have to take baby steps with the blendjet but thank god I have mine. Good luck going forward with yours

10 Likes

Vitamix blenders are Da Kind.

2 Likes

Me too

4 Likes

FYIā€¦This is the model that was recalled a few months ago.
The likelihood of it actually causing a fire is minimal, but buyer beware.
Beyond that, itā€™s a great price!

5 Likes

Nah. Apart from recall issues mentioned above, itā€™s just not very good.

9 Likes

Looking at the recall notice, I actually donā€™t think so. The faulty units were not required to be sent back. To get a replacement, photo proof of waterproof seal removal & destruction had to be emailed to a website but thatā€™s it (to render inoperable). Probably too many units involved to process returns.
These are probably just run of the mill returns (didnā€™t like, changed mind, etc)

3 Likes

I think Iā€™m going to go for one. When it comes I can check to see if the serial number matches the recalled base units & return it if it does. If it doesnā€™t, it would probably be the standard ā€œI changed my mindā€ return refurb.

3 Likes

Iā€™m still waiting for my replacement.

4 Likes

I used to be so happy with mine, both of my units were recalled but I only did the recall for one unit. It works ok for bananas but other fresh fruit and oranges it struggles with. Frozen fruit is a no go. I hope whenever I receive the replacement unit it will be better.

5 Likes

They normally go for $50 so this is very low risk gamble

4 Likes

I contacted Blendjet last week and they told me that supply issues have delayed the recall and they would be sending them out soon in the order they were received. Yesterday, I got an email that one of the three I reported had shipped. I submitted my recall on 12/29.

4 Likes

Vitamix is the way to go if you want a full-size blender that can do anything you ask of it in a kitchen.
For smaller, single-serving type unitsā€¦these canā€™t handle the ice and frozen fruit most people would put in them.
You want something that can serve that role, the Beast Blender is the way to go. If you do Costco you can get one there for $69. This is a great price, BTW. Unfortunately, you gotta plug it in.
Hereā€™s an ATK review: https://youtu.be/L9tDSlmyqfY?t=586

Edit: While @rgarnier posted one video that panned it, why not add another from ATK: https://youtu.be/vAZbHzzxFTg

6 Likes
1 Like