Blue Yeti USB Microphone

Blue Yeti USB Microphone

I make part of my living with one of these.

Is it the good part or the bad part j0hn?

1 Like

That’s a good price. I’d snag one if I could afford it since these mics are supposed to be pretty decent.

These are bloody awesome prosumer desktop mics. Yes, there are betters ones out there, but not anywhere near the price. I’ve used one for years. Although, I have no experience with their refurbs.

Another note to consider: How will you be using the mic? A LOT of the complaints I’ve seen about the Yeti and other similar models is because people don’t use them correctly. Desktop mics like this one have a different profile than, say, a lapel (or lavalier) mic. This will, for example, be more likely to pick up ambient background noise. However, it’s also MUCH more forgiving on placement. There a couple different profiles you can select from on the mic, again, depending on how you’ll use it (just you, two people sharing a mic, ambient recordings, etc…). I use both, and generally prefer this one when I’m at my desk.

If you are considering a mic these can be a great choice. Just make sure you know what you are getting. There are several fantastic review videos on Youtube.

2 Likes

I’d like to order this, but despite logging in with my prime account, woot is still charging shipping.

Try clearing browser cache or using a private session. I had that issue recently and woot support gave me that advice. Worked like a charm.

3 Likes

Spot on, that worked!

1 Like

is it just me, or do the reviews reflect which is better by color?

Everybody knows that blue mics are better than any other color. But black comes in a close second.

3 Likes

Sad. Received a mic that records a lot of static and distorted noise. Swapped USB cables, swapped PCs, same result. And the knobs are loose. Will be returning unit to Woot.

I do a lot of on-location recording with other mics and use the Yeti in the studio to add needed commentary.

1 Like