Braswell's Hot Sauce Sampler

Braswell's Hot Sauce Sampler

Their hottest sauce, Fire Roasted Habanero Hot Sauce, says it is 1,900 on the Scoville scale. That’s not all that hot, when a Jalapeno pepper is 2,500-8,000. I guess I was expecting at least one or two of the samplers to have a bit more kick to them.

Scoville Heat Scale for Chili Peppers

3 Likes

I would say these sauces are tangy – not hot at all. These hottest sauce here is 1900 units, using the Scoville Unit chart. That places the heat of this sauce on par with a Anaheim pepper – mild.

2 Likes

They’re not doing something right, because I purchased this pack last time around and the Habanero sauce was definitely hot.

1 Like

What is your overall review out of 5 stars?

1 Like

I would give it a 3/5 overall.

The Habanero is good and spicy, love it on burritos. The sweet Vidalia onion is tasty, not hot at all. The Jalapeño vidalia is a good one too, has a bit of heat, great on eggs. The 4 Amigas is much like a Louisiana hot sauce I think, or wing sauce.

Where it loses some appeal is the dill hot sauce, which I think goes well on say burgers, doesn’t really compliment any other dishes. Not versatile. The other good & evil isn’t really hot, has a different orange juice flavor to it. Just kind of weird.

Pretty interesting variety of flavors and a good set of sauces for someone who’s just getting into hot sauces or doesn’t like too much heat ( aside from the habanero )

3 Likes

So ordered this sampler the day that it was advertised and it still hasn’t shipped yet. My buddy in the same boat. Has anyone received this sampler since it was advertised on May 5th?

Items on gourmet take a bit longer to ship than our other sites. You’re buying direct from the manufacturer. Hang tight.