Breville Cafe Roma Espresso Maker

I bought mine at Macys last year for $150. I had seen them else where for twice that price.

It’s been working fine. At 89 bucks, I’m almost tempted to buy one as a gift.

If you like coffee, you have to have one of these.

Best of luck
Pcheno

Bought one at a woot off in October. Again, if you like Espresso this is the right purchase. HOWEVER if you like to make starbks-like coffee or latte, this is NOT for you. A more simple less expensive Krups will do just fine or better.
BTW, I understood it was a refurbished item, but mine arrived with what seemed as many many months of daily extensive use…

I would love to get an espresso maker, but i just don’t have the space in my kitchen, i’m happy with my bunn omatic 10cup coffee maker tho, thanks for the offer, have a nice weekend woot!

don’t forget about sandisk (sansas)

Great machine, good tasting espresso. Steamer squirts out spurts and drips of water for the first 10 to 20 seconds. I stick a cup under it and let it go until it hits full steam. Does a good job steaming milk after that. I’ve been buying mochas daily from Starbucks for years. Since buying the refurb Breville from Woot nearly 7 weeks ago, I’ve only had Starbucks when out of town and when buying espresso grind from them on two Fridays (you get a free drink if you buy a pound on Fridays). Counting coffee purchased and the cost of the maker, I’m money ahead already!

LOL i jus saw a commercial for this today on tv… it was on Discovery channel at 1:12pm Eastern Time

My housemate got one of these in the woot-off a few weeks back and its been great. I use it daily and it has never given me trouble. Great for making steamers, mochas, and my favorite, Chi Lattes.

Yesterday we saw a commercial for these on TV and my wife said she wanted one. When I saw them listed at $225+ I was out. But at this price I’m in for one! Thanks Woot!

I just got it. It doesn’t include cups. Is it right? Moreover, it has a scratch spot on the dial. Should I just take it since it is refurbished ?

I didn’t open it right away, since it was a gift. However, upon Christmas examination, it is not only missing the two metal cups, but also has a major dent/bend in the bottom such that it doesn’t sit level and has almost an inch of clearance under one foot. :frowning: Far too wobbly to use!

We took off the bottom and used pliers to bend it back as much as possible and then stuck a piece of wood underneath to level it, but I was a bit disappointed. I thought “refurb” implied some degree of quality control and not “Oh, Frank dropped it from the forklift? Put a refurb sticker on the box and sell it on woot!”

However, the coffee is good, land the price can’t be beat. Otherwise the machine is very solid with lots of metal. It drips from the coffee head while steaming, however, and I’m not sure it’s supposed to do that. (I’m not a coffee achiever, and have never used one before. It is for my espresso-loving father.)

I got mine on Tue and it appeared to be in good condition w/ all the promised accessories.

I was kinda surprised when reading the manual (the only thing that looked non-new) that it states to pack the coffee LOOSELY when espresso is normally supposed to be tamped w/ up to around 40lb of pressure. I know it’s still not a $500-$20K+ espresso machine, so I still tamped a little tightly and it worked fine. I was also thrown off by the pump noise, but I guess it’s normal.

This was to replace my ~12yo Krups espresso machine, which still works. I kinda think that machine is easier to deal with, but it never made espresso w/ a caramelly head on it like higher end machines do (and this does). I guess I’ll keep it a while as a backup, if needed.

Mine finally stopped working after 3 and half years of use. Use almost daily during that time and miss it dearly. More than paid for itself in saved trips to coffee houses which shall remain nameless. Can Woot renew it’s contacts with Breville and offer these again?