Breville Espresso Machines -Your Choice!

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4]

Breville Espresso Machines -Your Choice!
Price: $249.99 - 359.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard OR $10 Two-Day OR $20 One-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Monday, May 15 to Tuesday, May 16) + transit
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

[http://www.wootstalker.com/images/buy.png

Buy It](Breville Espresso Machines -Your Choice!) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/amazon.png

Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Breville Espresso Machines -Your Choice!) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/google.png

Search Google](Breville - Google Shopping Espresso Machines -Your Choice!)

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
4/9/2017 - $269.99 - 1,299

Coffee snob here*: Grab it. It’s a good machine, and Breville’s customer service is pretty good. (Our refurb died within the warranty period, and Breville shipped a replacement in short order without requiring me to ship the old one back first.)

Sure, it sounds bad that the first one died, but these things happen. The replacement has been humming along since December 2014 with no problems, and we drink a lot of coffee.

• I have four espresso machines at the moment, one of which is a semi-pro Salvatore Famosa, and one of which is that finicky La Pavoni Europiccola.

Which of these Breville models is “a good machine”?
Thanks.

Looks like you only have one choice at this point.

Site won’t let me order though showing only one sold whats the deal???

Don’t do it!

First one they sent would not put out more than 1/4 of liquid, even with no coffee grounds to push through. Pump just didn’t work. Customer service said it was my coffee beans. Tried all their recommendations, and nothing worked.

They sent me a different machine. This one pushed water through the grounds, but would never get up to espresso pressure. The gauge barely ticked up. No good crema. Jumped through all the customer service hoops, and still couldn’t get it working right.

They offered to send a 3rd machine - I declined. Not so much as an apology for all my issues.

Darn, I just spent $200 on needed household furnishings…gotta keep the “Crofton” pump cheapo I got for $12.99 at Goodwill. May next ime, Woot!

Bought the duo temp for $249. Love it. Works best with Cafe Bustello grinds (in my opinion), but makes a great espresso and a tasty cappuccino. Lots of compliments from guests. No REGERTS! lol

What browser are you using? Did you make selections in both drop down menus?

Coffee professional here. It sucks that you got a broken one on your first go, but your problems with the second machine were probably not with the machine itself.

This machine, while excellent for a home shift, is more touchy than a super-auto and requires a few things in order to pull a good shot. It’s not a good choice for people who just want to push a button and get coffee.

First of all, you need to start with a good 3rd wave coffee that has been roasted less than 2 weeks prior, and you cannot use pre-ground coffee of any kind. If you were trying to pull Cafe Bustelo through your machine, I wouldn’t be surprised if you couldn’t get any pressure.

Second, your grind must be dialed in properly, because there’s very little leeway in the basket size and pump pressure to account for a less-than perfect particle size. This takes skill, and is a trial and error process that may involve pulling anywhere from 5 to 15 test shots.

Third, the dimensions of the basket will require a firm tamp (~20kg), and a larger dose than an inexperienced user will probably expect. There should be enough coffee in the basket that it is literally spilling over the edge before you tamp.

I bought one of these from Woot maybe 6 months ago, and have been extremely happy with it. Here’s the first shot I pulled after dialing in my settings:

And here’s a cappuccino I made on the same machine:

With a bit of skill and attention, this machine will make coffees almost as good as the Synesso MVP I use at work.

I had the Barista Express in mind; I didn’t notice the DuoTemp hiding in there, but the internals are similar, if not the same. I like the built-in grinder on the Express, since it means one less thing on the counter. The only drawback I can find with the built-in grinder is that it’s slightly harder to “dial in” the right grind for each kind of coffee. Well… it also adds one more thing that might break as time marches on, but it does come apart easily for cleaning.

This one comes around fairly often, so you’ll probably get another crack at it. If you can’t wait, once you replenish your bank account, Seattle Coffee Gear regularly sells Breville refurbs, and may well have refurbished these units.

I got one of these directly from Breville as a refurbished model for my wife’s birthday in February. She was really excited for it and has been using it multiple times a day every day. Great machine!

So, regarding the 54mm portafilter size on these. And serious question you seem have experience with this. And I’m speaking of the duo temp with standard baskets. No use for the double walled or whatever they call it. 14 grams easy? 18 grams? Is there a bottomless basket for these?

Dammit… I keep checking woot every day hoping to score one of the barista express’ at this price. Usually around midnight too…

One of the days I missed, this thing shows up. Furstrating and I do mean ‘Fur’!

Sorry to reply after the sale had ended, but I logged in late. Here goes: 14 grams, no problem. 18 would probably take a monster tamp. (You can stop the pour whenever you like, though, so this shouldn’t be a factor.) I checked for a bottomless basket (naked portafilter, IIRC) for this and there isn’t one. A good bench grinder might come in handy…