Briggs & Stratton 2400-Watt Inverter Generator

Briggs & Stratton 2400-Watt Inverter Generator

1 Like

What is this?

it says its a Generator

1 Like

Generator Bible:

Louder than average (62db), less fuel efficient, somewhat heavy for its output, but good for sensitive electronics and likely reliable.

Suggested for light-duty applications like camping power and power tools when there’s no outlet.

Price is about $200 less than listed retail.

1 Like

Bluetooth chips are cheap. Why is it so difficult to find a compact reasonably priced inverter generator with remote start/stop? (Of course requires it be electric start.)

Seems like remote start should be on virtually all electric start generators at this point.

Retail price impact: +$5 for the Bluetooth chip/antenna +$10-15 for the remote fob. Grants smartphone app control.

1 Like

I can’t find how much was it priced?

Seriously?

Looks like it is about $420.

420…heh…is that what you’re going for here?

1 Like

Judging by the title and photo, I think it’s a combination turnip peeler and toilet plunger.

2 Likes

Try backing off the funny weed…

2 Likes

I keep a 2300-watt inverter gen similar to this for occasional use. Generally, these are great to have around as they are easy to use, relatively quiet, good for electronics, and very portable. At 62 dB this one is a bit louder than the average, but it has a carbon monoxide monitor which is great for safety.

As a reminder, 2400-watts is the SURGE load, or the max power it can deliver for momentary surges usually required at start-up of certain motorized items like power tools or refrigerators. The max continuous load here is only 1800-watts. Also, the sound level and fuel efficiency is indicated at only a 25% load, not the traditional 50% load that generator specs are typically listed. That being said, there are lighter and quieter units out there for the same price but you give-and-take with a few features and specs (No CO monitor, a few watts less capacity, etc.) so today’s price is on the good side of normal.

Just for comparison, I own this inverter generator from WEN:

3 Likes

Happy as a clam with my WEN. It’s been a powerhouse for about three years now.

3 Likes

Don’t forget the starter motor and battery and how much weight that is going to add. These won’t get used everyday, so what do you do when you go to start the generator and the battery is dead? Hope you have a booster pack somewhere?

Dude (or dudette) what the hell? Usually generators are for emergency use, at least of this size and type. An electric starter just doesn’t seem sensible. But, you be you.

No need to get your panties all wound up. Perhaps it wasn’t obvious, but I was referring to generators that already have electric starter but lack wireless remote start.

Plenty of folks use generators for more than emergencies. Like car camping and RVing. The ability to remotely crank them up would be super handy. Including modest sized generators like this one.

Our 20 year old (expensive) Honda EM5000 has both electric start and wired remote start. As long as a smart battery charger is left on it, the battery tends to last 7-10 years.

The reason for making the comment here - these cheap generic and basic generators are a dime a dozen and I was lamenting the lack of reasonably priced fully featured alternatives.

Have a nice day.

1 Like