Calcareous 2006 Red - Three Pack

http://www.wooters.us/images/wooters-logo-tiny.png Woot Info Post
you and wooters.us!

Calcareous 2006 Red - Three Pack - $49.99 + $7.00 shipping shipping

1 * 2006 Calcareous Zinfandel, 1 * 2006 Calcareous Syrah, 1 * 2006 Calcareous Cabernet Sauvignon

This post is brought to you by Wooters.us, to help make sure pricing information on the product is available in the future. We are not run by nor affiliated with Woot.

Calcareous 2006 Red - Three Pack
$49.99 + $7 shipping
Condition: Red
Products:
1 2006 Calcareous Zinfandel
1 2006 Calcareous Syrah
1 2006 Calcareous Cabernet Sauvignon
CT links above

Winery website

Previous offer:
5/31/2010
Labrat reports from that offer: here

Any minerality on these? These are the same winemakers as the TLCs, right?

wow the alcohol content on these is through the roof

Previous posting here.

Generally very well reviewed, though it was mentioned that the cab might want to be laid down for a while (2013?). The high alcohol should not be a deterrent, as it looks like letting each of the wines sit 30 minutes after opening removes the “hot” feeling of the high alcohol and generally opens up each of the wines.

Go for it!

Do these cellar well?

I was really worried about the alcohol level last time these were up. IIRC, the winery rep was on and If felt comfortable trying one. I was happy I did and I have had the Syrah and the Zin. First, I did not have a problem with the high alcohol and second, the syrah was maybe the best syrah i have bought from woot. The Zin was nice as well and I haven’t had a chance to consume the cab.

i would not be shy on trying this offer - sorry i don’t have tasting notes, but the syrah was very elegant and soft/smooth.

When will we be blessed with cheese again? Whence the cheese??

I forgot…I am in for three this time…

Soaring alcohol, soaring pH…

Oh, somewhere in this favored land the sun is shining bright;
The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light,
And somewhere men are laughing, and somewhere children shout;
But there is no joy…

Jeez. Kansas is really getting the shaft this woot-off.

Balls of limestone

Some say stats too high but then they’re from Paso. Perfect opportunity to decide if I can love this. I might have to crack open a bottle which i can see here from my bed. at 6.50am

Vino File Reviews on all 3 plus pricing - Looks like the reg price on 3 is $96 and the Syrah was most highly rated at 4 out of 5 stars

2006 Calcareous Zinfandel - Now this is a varietal I think does great in Paso Robles. It was a beautiful bright red color, and also smelled of bright red fruit with a touch of vanilla. The wine tasted of big red berries and jammy fruit, some wonderful spicy black pepper action, and then a medium finish. This wine is 3.5 out of 5 and a buy at $28.

2006 Calcareous Syrah - This syrah gave off a restrained nose of dried fruit and flowers. It had cherry and red berry flavors with some great spiciness that added complexity to the wine. It finished with some distinct but not overpowering tannins that held the earthy spice in place for a great finish. This wine gets a 4 out of 5 and is a strong recommend at $34.

2006 Calcareous Cabernet Sauvignon York Mountain - The cabernet gave a very fresh nose of raspberry and vanilla. The fruit drank a little darker, but offered a rather terroir driven earthiness expected in more expensive cabernets and held the fruit in great balance with acid and a strong sense of structure. It was not the most complex cabernet sauvignon I have tasted but at $34 and with a score of 3.5 it is worth buying

…in RPMville cause the alch is outa sight!!!

As is Tennessee. I don’t think any wine has been available to ship here during the woot-off.

I had considered getting this one last time around. The reviews from then are positive, so I’m giving it a try.

Nicely done!

Good morning everyone and welcome to day two of the Entendre-Off!