Capstone Touch Screen Smart Mirror 22.5in x 60 in

Capstone Touch Screen Smart Mirror 22.5in x 60 in

MORE INFO FROM CAPSTONE

Hello all. We got more info from Capstone that might help you if you’re having issues:

Q: What is the Operating System? Is it specific to capstone (Proprietary)
A: Yes, it is proprietary. It comes with some preinstalled apps. Additional apps can be found via the APKPure App. Here is some information on it.

Q: Does it require Capstone to maintain and upgrade software? If so, is there agreement that they will do so for how long?
A: The software is still current and does not require updating. We do not anticipate any immediate updating but Capstone will not be able to support updates to the software.

Q: Is there a subscription needed?
A: No subscription is needed

Q: Can you use the mirror’s full functionality without using the built-in OS?
A: Yes, you can use the mirrors without needing to utilize the OS. The easiest way to connect, stream for years to come is to connect your device via bluetooth or via the Smart 2 Wifi connection to mirror.

Some videos as well: https://www.youtube.com/@capstonesecurity/videos

No camera, right? But if you can 'cast from your phone, that’s almost covered. The touchable
display surface is debatably not big enough? Feels like a 1st-gen version of something we’re going to be seeing a lot of, MAYBE with a way to 'cast cell phone video to the mirror, place calls, link to security cameras and thermostats, etc. Almost here…

2 Likes

I so want to like this - and buy this - as a hallway family organizer.
But there are no (real) reviews - written or video - of this.

Also saw 2 “stay away” comments mentioning a smart plug by the same company sold through Sams club and functionally destroyed when the company decided to no longer support it.

Price is tempting, and probably a bit more polished than I’d manage to DIY a smart mirror.

2 Likes

Schitts Creek Reaction GIF by CBC

5 Likes

Great, another thing I didn’t know existed but now I’m gonna think about buying long after woot had it for cheap and I didn’t buy because I thought “Smart mirror?! Don’t be silly.” But of course smart mirror, because duh it’s cool.

4 Likes

At the original prices of $799 / $999 these are terrible options… at less than $200 I’m very intrigued…

3 Likes

Original MSRP is a POINTLESS PRICE. It was never worth that price and even at this price the value is questionable. Also, no remote included or capable?

1 Like

Review from SlashGear:
REVIEWS
Capstone Connected Thin Cast Smart Mirror Review

BY CHRIS DAVIES/UPDATED: FEB. 25, 2022 5:16 PM EST
EDITORS’ RATING : 6 / 10
PROS
Sleek integration of mirror and display
Flexibility of native Android or smartphone projection
Loud speakers
CONS
Expensive
Humdrum Android specs
Display is lackluster
No Google Play store access

Read More: Capstone Connected Thin Cast Smart Mirror Review

1 Like

The actual useable screen size is the same for both the 32 and 60 inch mirrors. Only about the size of a small monitor or large laptop screen.
REVIEWS
Capstone Connected Thin Cast Smart Mirror Review

BY CHRIS DAVIES/UPDATED: FEB. 25, 2022 5:16 PM EST
EDITORS’ RATING : 6 / 10
PROS
Sleek integration of mirror and display
Flexibility of native Android or smartphone projection
Loud speakers
CONS
Expensive
Humdrum Android specs
Display is lackluster
No Google Play store access
Star Trek: The Next Generation promised me hidden displays in every wall, and now Capstone Connected claims to have delivered with its Thin Cast Smart Mirror. At first glance a regular mirror, it’s only when the hidden touchscreen wakes up behind the glass that you realize the tech functionality baked inside.

Capstone has two sizes of mirror, the Standard ($799) – which I have here – intended to be wall-mounted, and a larger Fitness/Wardrobe ($999) version which can be wall-mounted or used free-standing. The former measures 32.5 x 22.5 inches and 19 pounds, the latter 60 x 22.5 inches and 37 pounds; both are 1.25 inches thick. Mounting hardware is included in either case, and you’ll want to make sure you find a sufficiently sturdy stud in the wall since I doubt drywall alone would be up to it.

Regardless of overall mirror size, the 18.5-inch display is the same. In effect it’s an Android tablet integrated into the larger glass, sealed so as to be IP64 water resistant: it can handle some steam or water splashing in a bathroom, for example.

Read More: Capstone Connected Thin Cast Smart Mirror Review

1 Like

loaded with chinese govt spyware ? ez 4 russia 2 hack , like a 2 way mirror- like the new york portal with dublin Ireland- i nano tape my tablet/phone 2 my old fashioned usa mirror
Be Yourself Bbc GIF by Top Coppers

Posing Mr Bean GIF by Working Title

1 Like

How long did it take you to come up with that?

:clap:

2 Likes

Can you hack it and install your own Linux OS? If so then it might be worth it.

3 Likes

What is the return policy for this product ?

Howdy. Click here to see our return policy.

I have prime membership. Incase i don’t like the product, can i return it for free or will I incur any costs?

I’ve been intrigued by this general idea for a while, but the problem is that it’s meant for permanent installation, using tablet technology which is (for better or worse) inherently disposable. They could pair it with the fastest, flashiest Android and chipset, but it’ll still be obsolete and unsupported in a few years. A mirror that offers an inset touchscreen display which can be plugged into any random device you want would be a better option.

Here you go…

Mirrors are not smart, they lie to me and want me to think I look good in that, I know I don’t.

Who doesn’t want a mirror connected to the internet!!!

Woot cancelled my mirror order. Such a disappointment.

I ordered one and got it, but mirror was badly cracked. :frowning: