Cavedoni Botte Piccola Italian Balsamic

Cavedoni Botte Piccola Italian Balsamic

I bought this about a year ago on Woot and still have some left. I absolutely love it. I should buy some more. I think I’m talking to myself. :joy:

Price: $28.00 + $10.00 shipping on Amazon

1 Like

Just finished my bottle a couple days ago. Perfect timing!

You made it jump in price by 22. bucks.

Every time this is up, the description says it is of a certain age. Nowhere on the packaging is that the case. If it were true IGP it would have the legally required age statement? Add to that the shady pictures that either do or don’t have the IGP seal. And the fact that this is runny. If you say it isn’t, you haven’t had real AUTHENTIC balsamico from Italy that contains no China vinegar - like this worst case scenario product that keeps getting sold on this once great site.

> A worst case scenario using these regulations would be an Aceto Balsamico di Modena made using 20% concentrated Trebbiano grape must from Argentina, 78% aged wine vinegar from China and 2% caramel coloring. This would be 100% Aceto Balsamico di Modena as long as all of this is mixed, processed, refined and aged in the geographical area of origin.

You guys can keep telling yourself this is good. As long as you don’t mind paying a premium for this colored white vinegar. Nevermind this doesn’t actually come out and give you it’s legal name.

1 Like

I have been very happy with the quality of this. I know it’s not really aged, but it is good quality.
The way to thicken it, as used in some restaurants, is to cook it verrry slowly, to evaporate some of the liquid. I usually reduce it by half. The flavor will still be excellent. Don’t boil, just use low simmer.

Wow, rain on everyone’s parade much? Have you actually researched this item? I have been to the source in Italy. Also, here is their description: The legendary Botte Piccola has garnered a worldwide following among aficionados of traditional Italian balsamic vinegar. The Botte Piccola is aged for a minimum of eight years in eight separate oak barrels, creating a superb finishing balsamic that can be used on many foods such as fine cheeses, quality cuts of meat, vegetables, and even ice cream and gelato. Once tasted, you will have experienced one the finest examples of traditional Italian culinary artisanship.
This is a proud Italian family company.

3 Likes

NOT the same product. Aged 2 years…

2 Likes

Oooooooooooooh, them’s fightin’ words.

1 Like

I have purchased 3 of these over the years, it’s worth it regardless of whatever authenticity questions you have. It does have the seal, and their website does say it’s aged 8 years minimum. They don’t claim it’s the full-on proper stuff that has to be aged at least 12 years. I should note that they DO sell the real thing too, so I highly doubt they’re misrepresenting this stuff.

It’s a hell of a lot thicker than any vinegar I’ve encountered, tastes amazing, and I’ll gladly buy another once my current bottle is empty.

3 Likes

Worst Woot-off ever! :w_light:

$50 + $10 shipping on Amazon if you want to compare apples to apples.

Botte Piccola Balsamic Vinegar IGP, 250ml Bottle

Balsamic to Balsamic?

I’ve gotten this several times. It is good stuff and has always been enthusiastically received when I’ve given it as a gift.

You (Woot) actually sell this outside a woot off? Huh, never made the connection.

I researched this very thoroughly the first time I saw it listed a couple years ago because I was running out of some balsamico that I purchased while living in Europe. And I’ve commented every time it is posted since because my research states what everyone else ends up saying: “it’s not real, but it’s good”.

They don’t list an age anywhere on the product, red flag.

They don’t mention it in the description, red flag.

Everyone says it isn’t thick, red flag.

Look, I can red flag everything about this but you’ll still buy it and rave about it because you haven’t spent good money on an actual authentic product that will not try and deceive you. This is trying to deceive you, and amzn doesn’t care. They are actually glad you think this is legit. Like the other fearmongering, gouging stuff they have been posting as of late.

Guess you missed the fact that I have been to the manufacturer facility in Italy. I have had balsamic up to 100 years old. I know you are very disappointed in WOOT, but as I mentioned earlier, why rain on everyone else? Maybe just go away and stop complaining about things you haven’t any actual experience with? Just a suggestion, not trying to be mean or divisive.

I’m only disappointed that they let the manufacturer state what they want, blindly, and unchecked. I could tell you I have been there as well. I could also tell you how many times I’ve been to Modena, Reggio Emilia, Parma, and the like. But will that sway you to believe something true when it doesn’t align to what you feel? Probably not. It just lets you know that I like actual Balsamico and Prosciutto. It doesn’t prove anything in this discussion about this company making claims without proof. And I’m not sure what “fact” you gave. You just said you’ve been there. Good for you. Proves nothing about the quality of this product, and it doesn’t even really provide evidence of you actually being there or the discussion at hand.

This product doesn’t have an age statement listed. It isn’t listed in the description. It is thin, watery, brown balsamic vinegar. But maybe the designation standards are very loose now. Oh, yeah, they are. They have had to crack down on it multiple times, but companies that relabel the swill for the states are not bound to it. But you knew this fact, which is why you mentioned it…oh you left that out.

And you are trying to be mean. Nobody says they’ve been somewhere and have “facts” to back it up to just mention it. You are trying to refute my facts with your feelings.

Take care. I won’t kick sand in your face anymore, but I will keep talking about the “quality” that isn’t met with this product every time it comes up. This and the 200 bucks a pound made up rating system that is Waypoint beef.