Chaucer's Mead - Four Pack

BevMo has the regular mead for $9.99. The Raspberry is not available.

ugh… definately should have waited before springing then… I have a bevmo near me I think. Oh… still good mead I hope.

Binnys in Chicago has for 11.99 for the Mead, no listing for the Raspberry.

Can someone convince me the 2 small bottles are worth 12 each? (high chicago taxes) I have never had raspberry mead before, is it similar to a lambic (without the bubbles)?

Do you drink this warm, cool, or cold?

Cool, given your spectrum. There’s very little one would drink ‘cold’, as that tends to suppress the aromas and flavors.

So is it 4 bottles or two of the regular and one of the raspberry?

2 original mead 750 ml
2 raspberry mead 500 ml

Actually you can drink the Mead warm as well. There’s a receipe (and mulling spices) that usually comes with it that explains how to heat it.

It came with the Mead in last year’s offer.

Just because no one else has, and I can’t remember if I did the last time I did it and I’m too lazy to look it up, I’m popping the kosher question. Thanks in advance, mystery answer person!

This offer last year was my first labrat (Raspberry Mead), so here is a copy of my report (remember, it came with a Golden Ticket):

Hope this helps …

Whoops, so I guess I did ask it the last time, but the Bargetto dude said there’s nothing in there that isn’t kosher. Sadly, that’s not the same thing as kosher. I might end up buying it anyway just for myself, but hopefully they’ve got a more definitive answer this time.

In the summer serve cold, in the winter mead is a great to mull with spices and serve warm

Got it the first time around and the crowd liked it better warm with the mulling spices. Anyone out there to confirm whether the mulling spices are included in this WW offering?

[How good is this deal?](http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pOdQQ7rhbbjq870kZ48fHWA" title=“How good is this deal?” style=font-size:20px;color:Blue;Comic Sans MS)

As usual, click the link above for CT prices, winery links (What? No one posted a link to the winery, yet? Well here is a link to the winery: [http://www.chaucerswine.com/](http://www.chaucerswine.com/" title="Chaucer’s Cellars)), and deal comparison info.

CT links included as well. What? No one posted CT links, yet, either?

[Chaucer’s Mead - 750 mL](CellarTracker" title=“Chaucer’s Mead - 750 mL)
[Chaucer’s Raspberry Mead - 500 mL](CellarTracker” title="Chaucer’s Raspberry Mead - 500 mL)

I have never ordered wine online. I just ordered the JanKris sampler x 2. I am usually not home until around 4 or 6pm. I put my next door neighbor’s address down because it states that it must be delivered to someone 21 or older, and not drunk.

My neighbor is an older gentleman who is home during the day. After putting in my order I considered the fact that he could be drunk. He is drunk often drunk in the evenings when I am chatting with him outside. I would hope he was sober during the day, but I don’t know for sure.

My question is- What happens if they were to deliver to my address and I am not home? Usually when I am not home, packages are left outside my door.

Is it too late to change to shipping address, back to my address?

The JanKris wine was my first woot purchase and I am very excited!

Anyone know how this compares to the Bunratty mead?

I’ve had this before, and I’ve had other brands of mead before, and this rates a solid meh.

It’s novel the first time but unless you are doing hardcore Medieval cooking or something it’s really very cloying. It’s the kind of thing where I would think about picking up one bottle once in a blue moon but not 4 at a go, especially given my recent woot-related purchase binge.

After UPS attempts shipping, and no one is home they’ll leave a little yellow post-it on the door. then you can call UPS to change the deliver address. I had to do that last time b/c I wasn’t home for 3 delivery asttempts and I was afraid they were going to send my wine back! UPS, i think, will only do 3 delivery attempts.

I’m always a little worried about buying non-vintage wines online. Is there any way to tell the difference between bottles at their ‘peak of freshness’ versus over-the-hill 5 year old cases that have been stored out in the shed for 4 summers?

If you the UPS is center is near your house you can just go pick it up. The one near me lets me pickup until 7pm. I think after 3 attempts though they return it to sender.