Chaucer's Mead Trio

Chaucer’s Mead Trio
$34.99 + $5 shipping
condition: Honeyed
product(s):
2 Chaucer’s Mead - 750 mL
1 Chaucer’s Raspberry Mead - 500 mL

Links above are to CellarTracker.

We drink a lot of this stuff, but I think we only pay like 8.99 a bottle at Trader Joe’s. Hmm! checking Yeah. It’s 9.99 on BevMo, and we regularly get it on sale for less than the Woot price. I’m surprised to see an offering over the market price at Woot.

Today’s my birthday!!! My 30th, in fact. And all I wanted was my name in lights…

Chaucer’s Mead Trio
Current numbers (updated each minute):
First sucker: dakillawoot
Speed to first woot: 0m 10.577s

Last wooter to woot: jasondalke

My friends call me…the first sucker!!!
(sigh, Im so happy!!!)

What, no olallieberry?

Sigh. This is not a bargain. Each of these is available at Beverages and More for $9.99 each, for a total of $29.97 plus tax. This week, I pass.

Can someone tell me or point me in the direction of a mead primer. I don’t really know anything about it. How is it made, best way to consume, maybe even a cheap one that I can find at the speciality spirits store so I know what I’m getting into before wooting this.

thanks in advance.

I have always wanted to try mead. Have thought about making it but had wanted to try it first. This is my first wine.woot and overall my third woot total.

WOOT! 2nd correct guess in 3 weeks! (Mandolina doesn’t count … no clues and it was a woot-off).

Wooooo hooooo!

Great clues, had us thinking. But it threw me for a loop when Loweeel added his 2nd clue after my guess. I thought I wasn’t right.

Yep… $10 a bottle at most places… I don’t see the bargain either. I should have bumped last weeks order from 2 to 3. =(

I’m not one to get into the price bitching on wine.woot, but I really don’t understand the value proposition on this one. $30 for these three at bevmo before shipping.

I guess if you can’t find it local it’s a fair price. Certainly not much of a deal though.

Google it, but basically it is a honey wine. This is on the weaker end from what I have seen. They can get pretty strong.

I want badly, but cannot get. FREAKIN’ STUPID STATE OF ALABAMA ALCOHOL LAWS. Our state’s alcohol board is run by out-of-date, good-ol’-boy-system, low IQ morons.

Learned a lesson and had my order shipped to work. I’m in for one! :slight_smile:

Yah what gives…never seen it actually cost more on w.w…

I really enjoyed the regular meads. I really wasn’t much of a fan of the rasp. mead–too much fruit distracted from a very delicate honey flavor. I can get the regular for about $14 locally, so it’d be like paying another $12 to get the raspberry, that’s what’s going to influence my decision.

I guess my question, these are NV–any changes since the last time they were offered? How does the year’s honey crop affect the final product? And I guess as a home brewer, how long do you generally age meads before releasing them?

So now you have to buy it. Or they should give you a free set hehe.

I am not keen on the mead - but the Pomegranite and Oll…Berry wines from this winery were terrific - I wish I had bought more of those.

FTA “three different types of honey: floral-smelling orange blossom honey, spicy toyon honey (toyon’s a member of the sage family), and dark, amber-hued alfalfa.”

Correct me if I’m wrong, but alfalfa is not honey. A good source of protein for grazing it is, but honey, it is not.

All about alfalfa honey